Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyway, my main point is, although many people associate accounting with audit, just realise that accounting is very broad, so definitely do your research about what each of the areas involve.
This.

I'd also add that it's as interesting as you choose to make it. Plenty of people climb the ranks in audit thinking it's nothing more than a tick and bash exercise without really appreciating the bigger and broader picture. Whether it's the deep understanding you can gain over industries and business strategy by comparing and contrasting different clients, or the value you can deliver in risk management, strategic execution and implementation or simply identifying process improvement opportunities, there's so much more to audit than what the textbooks would imply.

The project and team management skills are learnt early on across the different types of engagements whether it's audit, tax, consulting, etc..., similar to a manufacturing business, even as a senior consultant, you need to consider the delicate balance between inputs, outputs, customers, resources, stakeholders, etc.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
is there any part of accounting that is more face to face, social?
I would say advisory and audit will be large in client face time. Tax maybe on a smaller scale but there is still very much contact with clients. Any area will have some kind of face to face exposure, and if I'm not wrong, tax tends to catch up in later years especially as partner where you'll be doing more consulting on your clients tax issues/returns.

Guonner

HSC
Hey guys
I was just wondering if anybody else has been invited to the KPMG assessment centre day?
If so, how are you preparing for it?
cheers

HSC
N/A
with the pwc online test, are we disadvantaged if we did it a little later? i have finals until this wednesday :(

Jinks

HSC
with the pwc online test, are we disadvantaged if we did it a little later? i have finals until this wednesday :(
See above ^ and also make sure the email doesn't ask you to complete it in 24 hours or something because I remember some of the firms had that requirement!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if you'll be officially disadvantaged but logically speaking, if you know a company does multiple recruitment sessions, and you try to wait until the end, etc...

crazy_paki123

HSC
ive waited like 5 days for a reply for from the uni for info on the acamenic transcipt, but no responses yet. Should i ring up the uni and see whats going down, is it necessary to have a transcript?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
ive waited like 5 days for a reply for from the uni for info on the acamenic transcipt, but no responses yet. Should i ring up the uni and see whats going down, is it necessary to have a transcript?
http://www.student.mq.edu.au/ses/academictranscript.html
^
Why didn't you just go in person and buy one then and there?

Also, whenever I've emailed that Ask.Macquarie thing, I've got a response within 24 hours.

My transcript (from ~uws) took about 5 working days to come in the mail. We didn't have the option to collect in person like Macquarie!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
^mhmm well u made me look like a douche, but yeah ok thanks
I didn't mean to make you look bad, I just like to remind people how excellent everywhere is next to UWS.

Seriously, it cost me $30 for one copy and you can't even order in a hurry. Extra copies are no less than another $30!

Your are so lucky to only have to pay $26 then and there, and $1 for extra copies.

*does a can't wait to get to macquarie dance*

crazy_paki123

HSC
^ ok thanks, nd btw i cant apply for EY cadetship program, is it just me or is happening for everyone? Can someone provide me alink if its still open.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
^ ok thanks, nd btw i cant apply for EY cadetship program, is it just me or is happening for everyone? Can someone provide me alink if its still open.
Just having a quick look it appears to be working for me.

Try switching to a different browser to see if that works?

Edit:
What stage are you getting stuck at also?
Just so we can figure it out :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)