Cadetships 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balla13z

HSC
Has anyone heard back from any firms yet?
I've sat the SHL test for PWC, but still have not got any responses from any other firm

balla13z

HSC
I've applied for:
PWC, EY, Nexia, ESV, BDO, Bentleys, Boroughs, Hall CHadwick, Moore Stephens
I am a 1st yr Uni Student

Examine

same
HSC
I've applied for:
PWC, EY, Nexia, ESV, BDO, Bentleys, Boroughs, Hall CHadwick, Moore Stephens
I am a 1st yr Uni Student
I think all offers for Nexia has already been made. We should hear soon from BDO and Hall Chadwick though.

Dark_End4

HSC
Anyone know about Pitcher Partners? They were at the Convention Centre but they haven't even announced dates yet. I doubt they will be open for cadetships this year. A lot of companies, especially mid to large tier, have nearly finished taking applications and hence they would steal a lot of the top students away. In my opinion, it would be wise for Pitcher Partners to start taking students soon. If they plan to this year that is.

Jinks

HSC
Anyone know about Pitcher Partners? They were at the Convention Centre but they haven't even announced dates yet. I doubt they will be open for cadetships this year. A lot of companies, especially mid to large tier, have nearly finished taking applications and hence they would steal a lot of the top students away. In my opinion, it would be wise for Pitcher Partners to start taking students soon. If they plan to this year that is.
Last year they were at all the ICAA info evenings but I don't think they took cadets. However things may change between years, maybe you should email them and see what you can find out?

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
They sent me the rejection letter about half an hour after I submitted the application
That's awfully quick.
Must have fussy computer keywords or very bored staff.

Oh well, at least there is plenty of other jobs (and at least they didn't leave you hanging!)

kenkap

HSC
commerce and engineering students have so many opportunities right from the beginning..shame there is nothing like this for actuarial students

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
there are engineering cadetships?
Yep :)

Not as common as accounting, but they exist.

For example : http://www.onesteel.com/employment/services.asp?category=opportunities&serviceid=19
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/careers/downloads/programs/civil-engineering-cadetship_brochure.pdf
http://www.optus.com.au/aboutoptus/About+Optus/Careers/Engineering+Cadet+Program

Fairly sure some of the larger mining and electricty companies have these as well, but very limited and dependent on where you live and in some cases, what uni.

For example, the RTA one there is UTS/Newcastle/Wollongong/New England students only. No UNSW of USYD surprisingly!

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
A bit frustrated at the moment because I've been locked out of my PWC account since last week(due to repeating wrong passwords which i was almost certain were right). Couldn't use forget password because it says account locked, and then when I emailed recruitment last week, they reset my password and then I was still locked out of my account -_-. I emailed them again on the weekend, but have yet to hear a reply(they're probably busy with cadet applications and such). Decided to make a near identical account(is that even OK with the terms and conditions?) and see how it goes with application since I don't think I can wait any longer as people are being chosen for phone interviews already! Argh...this is going to look like I just started my application too late...Luckily I had some answers saved.

Examine

same
HSC
That's awfully quick.
Must have fussy computer keywords or very bored staff.

Oh well, at least there is plenty of other jobs (and at least they didn't leave you hanging!)
Talking about this has anybody received anything back from RSM?

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
A bit frustrated at the moment because I've been locked out of my PWC account since last week(due to repeating wrong passwords which i was almost certain were right). Couldn't use forget password because it says account locked, and then when I emailed recruitment last week, they reset my password and then I was still locked out of my account -_-. I emailed them again on the weekend, but have yet to hear a reply(they're probably busy with cadet applications and such). Decided to make a near identical account(is that even OK with the terms and conditions?) and see how it goes with application since I don't think I can wait any longer as people are being chosen for phone interviews already! Argh...this is going to look like I just started my application too late...Luckily I had some answers saved.
This happened to me with the KPMG one so I just cbfed.

ellentat

HSC
Just received an email notifying that I have advanced through to the phone interview stage for BDO. From experience or does anyone know what type of questions they will be asking me?

Guonner

HSC
Just received an email notifying that I have advanced through to the phone interview stage for BDO. From experience or does anyone know what type of questions they will be asking me?
i am also in this situation
Anyhelp would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)