Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinks

HSC
oh my.

So I finally conjured the strength to formally resign. I start my new job on the 30 June :D

I hope this place is great because it took so much out of me just deciding on whether or stay or go. Far out.

My boss said it's the stupidest decision I've ever made >.<
Haha whys that!?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Haha whys that!?
Probably because its in personal insolvency.

They're all really against me taking it. They wanted me to learn tax and develop a broad skill set. They reckon it's the pits of accounting.

Well, I guess I'll find that out for myself :D I've stressed so much over this, that I really can't be bothered thinking about it anymore. Hahaha

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
hahaha. someone is drinking haterade. congrats on taking the new job!

hahaha :p

speaking of which, anyone have tips for interview with HR and partner? Not sure if this is last stage or not. Didn't have any group AC
Ohhh wheres this?

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

ellentat

HSC
hahaha. someone is drinking haterade. congrats on taking the new job!

hahaha :p

speaking of which, anyone have tips for interview with HR and partner? Not sure if this is last stage or not. Didn't have any group AC
As cliche as it sounds, biggest tip is to be yourself because that's what is going to push you over the line. The interview is pretty much where the interviewers figure out if you are the right fit for the position and for the organisation. They wouldn't hire someone who is antisocial and dishonest so really try make your personality shine during your interview.

As for how to answer the questions, use the STAR approach. Situation, task, action and result. Also just write down a couple situations or experiences you can speak about when they ask you about your strengths, or a time when you showcased leadership skills etc.

Not sure with the mid tier firms but I'm sure it's one of the likely questions where they ask you to talk about something recent in the news. I got asked this question at 2/3 of my big 3 interviews so make sure you read the newspaper or watch the news if you haven't already.

The interview is easier and less stressful than it seems. The interviewers are quite friendly and will try their best to make you feel comfortable. Good luck to everyone!

ps: it'll be a good idea to attend the info session nights some firms are holding soon.

Jinks

HSC
As cliche as it sounds, biggest tip is to be yourself because that's what is going to push you over the line. The interview is pretty much where the interviewers figure out if you are the right fit for the position and for the organisation. They wouldn't hire someone who is antisocial and dishonest so really try make your personality shine during your interview.

As for how to answer the questions, use the STAR approach. Situation, task, action and result. Also just write down a couple situations or experiences you can speak about when they ask you about your strengths, or a time when you showcased leadership skills etc.

Not sure with the mid tier firms but I'm sure it's one of the likely questions where they ask you to talk about something recent in the news. I got asked this question at 2/3 of my big 3 interviews so make sure you read the newspaper or watch the news if you haven't already.

The interview is easier and less stressful than it seems. The interviewers are quite friendly and will try their best to make you feel comfortable. Good luck to everyone!

ps: it'll be a good idea to attend the info session nights some firms are holding soon.
This is spot on!

banditsteps

HSC
Sounds like this forum but for a fee ;)
Actually, my friend's running that program!!
He's extremely qualified and his achievements really show this. Obviously he has substance and not just a one off fluke; check out his list of accolades if you want a reference.
Furthermore, I think that program is more of a personal approach to applications whereas this forum can give you general insight and advice... I dont think any of us here are willing to edit and read resume's for people!! :p

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
He's extremely qualified and his achievements really show this. Obviously he has substance and not just a one off fluke; check out his list of accolades if you want a reference.
Furthermore, I think that program is more of a personal approach to applications whereas this forum can give you general insight and advice... I dont think any of us here are willing to edit and read resume's for people!! :p
You'll be surprised....

Jinks

HSC
Haha of course it's more tailored to the individual, and I can assure you many people here didn't get multiple offers from a one off fluke either ;)

enoilgam

HSC
Well I want to have a more balanced life than just working late into the night which occurs a lot for cadets at the big 4
You need to decide what you want out of a career before going down a certain path. If you just want a simple, 9 - 5 type job, then it might be worth exploring other options, because building a career with the Big 4 or another mid-tier firm is likely to involve a fair bit of work and long hours. Like, for me personally, having a balance is really important and I want to work normal hours, so pursuing a career in a field like IB, finance or law was not really something for me.

Haha of course it's more tailored to the individual, and I can assure you many people here didn't get multiple offers from a one off fluke either ;)
Flukes do happen and luck does play a role in getting a job, but generally speaking, the vast majority of people who get these kind of offers have worked hard to earn them.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Try to figure out the purpose of the interview in the grand scheme of the candidate assessment process and what role the interviewers have in being the decision maker and act accordingly.

esaitchkay

HSC
thanks for the advice guys! had my interview today. it went better than UBS, but having said that, there are many things I could've improved on, so it was a great learning experience too.
anyone hear back from UBS yet?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
thanks for the advice guys! had my interview today. it went better than UBS, but having said that, there are many things I could've improved on, so it was a great learning experience too.
anyone hear back from UBS yet?
UBS will reply on the 16th.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys;
Not normally like me to ask for advice but this is for a friend tonight :p

She is currently applying for cadetships and she has received a video interview for PwC. We were just trying to figure out what is involved with this interview and what stages come after this. I've tried reading back over this thread but you're all a quiet bunch this year! :p

ellentat

HSC
Hey guys;
Not normally like me to ask for advice but this is for a friend tonight :p

She is currently applying for cadetships and she has received a video interview for PwC. We were just trying to figure out what is involved with this interview and what stages come after this. I've tried reading back over this thread but you're all a quiet bunch this year! :p
I'm guessing the video interview has replaced the phone interview they've had in the past? The next stage after the phone interview was the AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)