Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nellin

HSC
The problem is definitely the timer for me.

For some questions, I felt like I was going to get cut off :(

Also, because I was a little scared of the timer, I kept glancing at the screen.

I don't know how anyone can actually stare at the camera for the full duration of the interview thanks to the presence of that timer. :p

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
The problem is definitely the timer for me.

For some questions, I felt like I was going to get cut off :(

Also, because I was a little scared of the timer, I kept glancing at the screen.

I don't know how anyone can actually stare at the camera for the full duration of the interview thanks to the presence of that timer. :p
I honestly don't believe its a replacement for an interview with a real person. its a huge advancement from telephone interviews but still not the same

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jinks

HSC
I honestly don't believe its a replacement for an interview with a real person. its a huge advancement from telephone interviews but still not the same
There is no intention for this to replace an actual face-to-face interview, but it still plays an important role in the process overall

nellin

HSC
I think this may be just me. :D

But I personally like to talk to a real person because I feel that I can establish a connection with the person. With a screen, I feel that it's quite difficult for my personality or the attributes that they look for to shine out.

Also, a question: is the online assessment (SHL) for Grant Thornton, EY and PwC quite difficult?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just remember this is just a step in the process and you want to offer enough to entice them to want to meet you in person- it's not an exercise in cramming your life story into 30 seconds.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
I think this may be just me. :D

But I personally like to talk to a real person because I feel that I can establish a connection with the person. With a screen, I feel that it's quite difficult for my personality or the attributes that they look for to shine out.

Also, a question: is the online assessment (SHL) for Grant Thornton, EY and PwC quite difficult?
For the Grant Thornton test

I dun goof'd pretty hard... LOL and still got a Video Interview.

I put an answer as 8+3=13... my god.

nellin

HSC
For the Grant Thornton test

I dun goof'd pretty hard... LOL and still got a Video Interview.

I put an answer as 8+3=13... my god.
Haha. Was it because you were running out of time? Or is the timing pretty lenient?

I'm planning to do mine tomorrow :)

Also, hope you don't mind me asking this, but what did you think about the other 2 sections?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Haha. Was it because you were running out of time? Or is the timing pretty lenient?

I'm planning to do mine tomorrow :)

Also, hope you don't mind me asking this, but what did you think about the other 2 sections?
Nah wasn't a timing issue. I just went full retard :haha:

Overall it was a pretty straight forward.

for the tests I've done so far PwC is the hardest followed by UBS then Grant Thornton. I got ceebs applying after a bit since I'm not overly keen on accounting.

esaitchkay

HSC
I found EY (problem solving/ patterns) to be much harder than PwC.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just be calm when you guys do it. No point stressing yourselves out. Half the point of this stuff is to see how well you cope under pressure.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Same.

Did the GT one yesterday. It was not too bad. The spot the difference was the worst for me.
GT video interview omg. I was like wut am I doing. :haha:

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

nellin

HSC
GT video interview omg. I was like wut am I doing. :haha:

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk
Yeah. Felt the same way for the BDO interview. It was kind of like a blurry haze.

I have a question. How long did it take for GT or PwC to get back to you guys after the online testing process?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. Felt the same way for the BDO interview. It was kind of like a blurry haze.

I have a question. How long did it take for GT or PwC to get back to you guys after the online testing process?
pwc have been really quick to get back to me after all stages of recruitment process so far. except my video interview :/ hahahahaha

nellin

HSC
pwc have been really quick to get back to me after all stages of recruitment process so far. except my video interview :/ hahahahaha
Yeah. I think I lost my chances with BDO after my train wreck video interview. :(

So should I be waiting for a reply possibly tomorrow?

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah. I think I lost my chances with BDO after my train wreck video interview. :(

I honestly don't know, give it another week or so.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

Give it some time. A lot of people would of applied for the position so they have to screen everyone first and short list the candidates before they email anyone.

esaitchkay

HSC
then what if you go over! or get cut off :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
damn. you were right. I ignored the timer and looked at the webcam only for BDO and ended up going over time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)