Cadetships 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessdfghjkl

HSC
Did I meet you at the meet and greet, seeing as you applied for private clients ?
Um possibly not :p I only met 3 others who were from PC and they were all guys! Yeah I was reading a few of your previous posts, sounded like your interview went well, did you have jenny and Henry?
So have you heard back from BDO?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Um possibly not :p I only met 3 others who were from PC and they were all guys! Yeah I reading a few of your previous posts, sounded like your interview went well, did you have jenny and Henry?
So have you heard back from BDO?
Oh we probably didn't meet, hahaha. Unless youre an Asian girl very passionate for gender equality- then maybe.

Nah, i havent heard back. In just assuming I didn't get it, which doesn't bother me too much. I'd just like to be formally rejected, tis all.

esaitchkay

HSC
Congrats to you too!! HAHA don't be surprised, you probably impressed them a lot :)

Lucky on the 4th being the BAcc? Or are you also considering other cadetships?
I wish I had impressed in the 3 interviews I had before HAHAHAHA
But yeah, BAcc being the 4th :p Waiting for another firm to call me back though.

jessdfghjkl

HSC
Oh we probably didn't meet, hahaha. Unless youre an Asian girl very passionate for gender equality- then maybe.

Nah, i havent heard back. In just assuming I didn't get it, which doesn't bother me too much. I'd just like to be formally rejected, tis all.
Hahaha well I am Asian but yeah don't think we met :( yeah I know what you mean.. I don't mind what the result is , I would just like to know so I can stop dwelling on it.

EDIT: They called me today in class. Unfortunately I didn't get it. How was it for you caseyjbyrne?

Last edited:

Suuup2

HSC
Hi,
I recently only came to know about cadetships in this field, I was wondering if its too late to apply?.
I know the big firms, ie. the Big 4 are pretty much all closed, but is it possible that mid-tier firms are still open for applications?

Thankyou :)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
H
EDIT: They called me today in class. Unfortunately I didn't get it. How was it for you caseyjbyrne?
Judging by how long it's been now and how quickly they said they would make the decision, I've come to the conclusion that I've been unsuccessful.

Edit: I have been unsuccessful - 'tis confirmed.

New goal now: Stay put for at least 2 years (provided I pass my probation) and see where Insolvency takes me.

Last edited:

racecarboob

HSC
Recieved an offer from PwC about just less than two weeks ago however they still have not given me the email link to sign the contract??
strange?

odemwingie

HSC
still waiting on BAcc ?!?!?! and meet and greet for kpmg is tomorrow ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! HELP ME HELP ME

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Recieved an offer from PwC about just less than two weeks ago however they still have not given me the email link to sign the contract??
strange?
Follow up or call? I think you should have the campus recruitment email or something which you can reply to.

still waiting on BAcc ?!?!?! and meet and greet for kpmg is tomorrow ?!?!!?!?!?!?!?! HELP ME HELP ME
Well, which one do you want more? Life is full of choices.

Sasha123

HSC
hi i realise im late and so sad that i missed out on the cadetship and all that. I didnt know about it until very recently.

So anyway, my question is, can i still apply for Cadetship program during first year of uni?

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Yes you can! I applied for cadetship programs this year and I'm a first year. You can also just go in as a junior/ungrad which I have done.

At HC, the cadets/juniors are pretty much the same level, get same work/training and pay/benefits.

HardyRamTaxi

HSC
Hi if anybody is still here, I just have a quick question.
So just over a month ago I accepted a cadet placement in an accounting firm. I have signed the paperwork and everything but today I received an email from them saying that they are going to contact my referees. As I haven't gone through a process like this before I found the request quite odd as the recruitment process was over a moth ago. So is this a normal type of occurrence that other people have gone through?
Thanks

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Hi if anybody is still here, I just have a quick question.
So just over a month ago I accepted a cadet placement in an accounting firm. I have signed the paperwork and everything but today I received an email from them saying that they are going to contact my referees. As I haven't gone through a process like this before I found the request quite odd as the recruitment process was over a moth ago. So is this a normal type of occurrence that other people have gone through?
Thanks
In most cases the employer should be contacting your referees before sending you out an offer,this is the standard (as that's the point of referees, to vouch for you to give reassurance that they're picking the right candiate) however I have seen cases where it does happen after the offer, usually this is because the person forgot/was too busy,it had happened to a family member of mine just recently,although she never asked why after, you shouldn't be too worried(she still got job offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)