Cadetships 2017 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

si2136

HSC
N/A
Thanks, and to you too!

Do you guys know how many apply for UBS compared to the UNSW Banking and Fin. Co-op? I've read on these forums that UBS accepts upto 4 people (correct me if I'm wrong), does anyone have a ballpark guess for how many they take for the B&F Coop?
I think approx. 1000-2000 people for UBS. UNSW Banking and Fin., not too sure. I think UBS accepts around that number, but can change ofc. B&F depends on the sponsors, so around the same.

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
I think approx. 1000-2000 people for UBS. UNSW Banking and Fin., not too sure. I think UBS accepts around that number, but can change ofc. B&F depends on the sponsors, so around the same.
1000-2000!!! That number seems too high, surely? I go to a poorly-ranked school (150ish), my careers adviser had never heard of anyone apply for the UBS Cadetship. I know a 50th (ish) ranked school who didn't have any applicants, and a top five school who had 3 or 4 applicants. I also considered the UBS Cadetship to be quite poorly advertised in comparison to UNSW Coop -- not that anecdotal evidence is anything to go by. If I had to make a guess I would've thought somewhere from 200 to 400 applicants. Do you know many that applied?

si2136

HSC
N/A
1000-2000!!! That number seems too high, surely? I go to a poorly-ranked school (150ish), my careers adviser had never heard of anyone apply for the UBS Cadetship. I know a 50th (ish) ranked school who didn't have any applicants, and a top five school who had 3 or 4 applicants. I also considered the UBS Cadetship to be quite poorly advertised in comparison to UNSW Coop -- not that anecdotal evidence is anything to go by. If I had to make a guess I would've thought somewhere from 200 to 400 applicants. Do you know many that applied?
I knew around 5 that applied to UBS.

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
I knew around 5 that applied to UBS.
Yea nice, all at your school? Do you rank well? But good luck with it all! I'll be extremely happy with just an interview, for some experience. I'm not expecting to make it far as it does seem to be very competitive. Is the process:
1. Apply
2. Psychometric Test
3. Interview with BCA
4. Interview with UBS?
5. Cadetship?

si2136

HSC
N/A
Yea nice, all at your school? Do you rank well? But good luck with it all! I'll be extremely happy with just an interview, for some experience. I'm not expecting to make it far as it does seem to be very competitive. Is the process:
1. Apply
2. Psychometric Test
3. Interview with BCA
4. Interview with UBS?
5. Cadetship?
Yeah. Well there's an AC + Group Activity in 3.

Yeah, my school ranks decently well.

I like it how you made an account and posted after UBS has closed its date :)

tleb

HSC
From what other people have told me and from past forums I believe at least 1k applications is expected for UBS. How much did you all write for each application question?

There are definitely more applicants for UNSW Finance and Banking CO-OP than for UBS Cadetship.

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
Yeah. Well there's an AC + Group Activity in 3.

Yeah, my school ranks decently well.

I like it how you made an account and posted after UBS has closed its date :)
Hah, no strategic timing in my account opening. Coincidentally opened my account today -- have had a few questions on my mind (as above) so finally got around to setting it up and thought it'd be a good idea to talk to you all as these next few weeks will reveal all regarding the Cadetship...

But tleb, I'm sure you guys have a better idea than I do so I take your word for the 1000 applicants. I did around 300-400 words per question.

Last edited:

WildestDreams

HSC
Thanks, and to you too!

Do you guys know how many apply for UBS compared to the UNSW Banking and Fin. Co-op? I've read on these forums that UBS accepts upto 4 people (correct me if I'm wrong), does anyone have a ballpark guess for how many they take for the B&F Coop?
Hmm the UBS people came to my school and said about 800 apply. From which ~100 are interviewed, and then further cut down to ~25 who are interviewed, and then they do a bunch more interviews to choose the final 8/

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
Hmm the UBS people came to my school and said about 800 apply. From which ~100 are interviewed, and then further cut down to ~25 who are interviewed, and then they do a bunch more interviews to choose the final 8/
Oh wow, thanks! So even making the first interview is a pretty big accomplishment. Does the cadetship run for 2 years with part-time uni, orr?

WildestDreams

HSC
Oh wow, thanks! So even making the first interview is a pretty big accomplishment. Does the cadetship run for 2 years with part-time uni, orr?
Yeah there's HEAPS of interviews.
I'm not sure how long it runs for, but I'm pretty sure its until you finish your degree atleast. Some people do uni part time, but high achievers will usually do it full time :)

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
Yea bout the same as you guys, i got around 2400 words. My biggest section by far was also EC/skills. Took me 3+ afternoons of grinding... hopefully can get an interview out of it lol

tleb

HSC
Geez and I thought I was the only one who had around 2500 words overall. Hopefully we get responses quickly.

Anonman1553

HSC
N/A
Geez and I thought I was the only one who had around 2500 words overall. Hopefully we get responses quickly.
I'm guessing you guys also had the problem with the hieroglyphics, i.e. when the system substituted hyphens and apostrophes for weird character combinations (e.g. "$*#!*$@&@#"). I could only see these hieroglyphics after I sent the application and went to 'review and print', so had to re-apply but instead of copying from word like I did the previous time I had to re-type all 2500 words into the provided text boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)