Cadetships - Am I too late? (1 Viewer)

HSC
1. Is it possible for current 1st year university students to apply for a cadetship?
2. When are the opening and closing dates typically?
3. What companies are there to apply for cadetships? I know Chartened Accountants and KPMG are two companies that offer cadetships. But based on my research, KPMG have only stated that it offers cadetships to Year 12 graduates.

All opinions appreciated! Don't be deceived by my negative reputation.

lsdpoon1337

HSC
I know that at EY, around half of the 15 or so 1st year cadets in audit/assurance are 2nd year uni students now (i.e. HSC class of 2008).

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I know that at EY, around half of the 15 or so 1st year cadets in audit/assurance are 2nd year uni students now (i.e. HSC class of 2008).
I see. I've also heard that there are a few co-op drop outs for comm, and that it's possible to apply in the future, even though you're not a first year. Not entirely sure if it's true or not, but it gives hope for those who were misinformed about cadetships/co-op :).

HSC
ahah you neg rep cunt

maybe you would get more help if you werent a cunt who earned a fuckload of neg rep

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
1. Is it possible for current 1st year university students to apply for a cadetship?
yes many firms take on cadets from first year uni.
it varies, you can check the chartered accountants website they often have this info, or each individual firm. but as a general guide they open around april-may and close around june-august (again depending on firm so check the ones you want to apply for)
3. What companies are there to apply for cadetships? I know Chartened Accountants and KPMG are two companies that offer cadetships. But based on my research, KPMG have only stated that it offers cadetships to Year 12 graduates.
there are like 30-40 companies that offer it. and 'Chartered Accountants' is not a company, its the organisation that offers the 'Chartered Accountant' qualification that you can get from doing a cadetship.

tinamatouk

HSC

All opinions appreciated! Don't be deceived by my negative reputation.

Hey my accounting firm needs cadets so it's not too late.
If you want to know more information about them look them up on google - ESV Chartered Accoutants.
If you say I helped you find out about it, I'll be very grateful :)

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)