Cafs or modern history subject selection? Help!! (1 Viewer)

Diala

HSC
N/A
So I have five subjects and I am wondering whether CAFS might be the way to go.
My subjects are:
Ancient History
Legal Studies
Adv English
2U Maths
Biology
What do you guys think??

Revitalize

HSC
CAFS seems much more interesting in my honest opinion. If you're interested in families, parenting styles etc it might be the one for you.

But it seems like you really like the writing and memorising subjs (eng, legal, ancient, bio), so maybe modern history would be good as well since it suits.

Overall it really depends on how much you find the subjects interesting. CAFS might be more interesting and relaxing since (at my school at least), the history exams and assignments are clumped together and that might cause unnecessary stress.

> you have 10 units that you chose that you're certain about. They'll probably go to your ATAR because you like the subjects enough. Just pick whichever sounds more interesting and roll with it :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
^ i 100% agree.
Do the subjects you'll find more interesting based on content and then make your decision. You may want to ask other students as well about the pros and cons of each subject, just to get a feel of it.
As mentioned above, you seem to enjoy writing (assuming from your other subjects) so I would pick modern if i were you. However, CAFS has a great deal of writing as well. My friend was stressing out cause she had to remember a 2000 word essay for CAFS and then write it out in class (across double periods ofc)

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
So I have five subjects and I am wondering whether CAFS might be the way to go.
My subjects are:
Ancient History
Legal Studies
Adv English
2U Maths
Biology
What do you guys think??
I think it all comes down to what you'd enjoy most. I personally did both modern and ancient history and I enjoyed modern a bit more. I found myself to be more keen to study modern than ancient as I generally thought the content was simply more interesting.

Judging by your subjects, you seem to be more of a humanities person. However, keep in mind that there is fair bit of content in modern and more so in ancient which I think is something you need to consider when making your decision. I recommend having a look at both the CAFS and Modern Syllabuses and deciding which topics interest you most, and even perhaps asking the teacher responsible for those subjects for advice.

teridax

HSC
N/A
I think it all comes down to what you'd enjoy most. I personally did both modern and ancient history and I enjoyed modern a bit more. I found myself to be more keen to study modern than ancient as I generally thought the content was simply more interesting.

Judging by your subjects, you seem to be more of a humanities person. However, keep in mind that there is fair bit of content in modern and more so in ancient which I think is something you need to consider when making your decision. I recommend having a look at both the CAFS and Modern Syllabuses and deciding which topics interest you most, and even perhaps asking the teacher responsible for those subjects for advice.
It's also worth noting that with any humanities subject (especially the histories), memorisation is required to do well - not just having the skill of writing.

Flop21

HSC
Tbh I don't get these threads. How is anyone suppose to know what you like??

Go to the syllabus for each subject you're considering, see if you like what's in it, because that's literally what you'll be studying. Check the specific subject forums on this site, as well as the notes in the resource section. Doing this, you'll get a good idea of what's in the subject and what's it about. Then just decide if you like it or not.

Chris_S

HSC
It depends on you and what you enjoy but CAFS I heard is pretty good and to be honest if I chose my subjects again for year 11 I would've done CAFS instead of Ancient History

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)