Calculator dying??? (1 Viewer)

janaranaran!

HSC
I'm petrified my calculator will conk out in the exam...I've had it since year 8 and never changed the batteries.

Are you allowed to bring in two??

one of my friends was suggesting two anyway so you can have one set to degrees and one to radians (i think thats a waste of time though)

HSC
i would bring in two or you could just change the battery before you go into the exam and that way the chances of it running out are very very very low

u-borat

Banned
HSC
for christs sake it takes 5 seconds to change from degrees to radians.

but yes, i am going to bring in 2 calculators as well.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
One of the guys in my year brought 4 to the trials, which I think is a tad excessive

Im bringing 2.

I dont really think setting one to degrees and one to radians is a good idea. You are more likely to get confused about which is which and then type the equation into the wrong one. It takes like 2 seconds to change it anyway

HSC
lolololol
(no offence, but it sounds like ur a lil bit of a noob ahaha)

(i have a casio FX82MS)

i unscrewed the back (using a screwdriver, obviously)
replaced the dodgy batteries that died AGAIN during the trials
(my 3rd set this yr, they ALWAYS die during the exams even though i always replace them beforehand)
and put it all back together again.
voila!! ^^

henry08

HSC
N/A
I bring two. Just go out and buy a new calculator. Take that and your old one to the exam. To change from degrees to radians simply push the 'DEG' button.

HSC
..................there is actually someone in this universe who owns FOUR CALCULATORS???????????

holy shit.
i couldn't afford ONE, mum got help from the school because we simply didn't have $26.
seriously.
O_O

independantz

HSC
Lol if you're that paranoid take like 4 batteries into the exam and leave like one screw on the back of your calculator and take the rest out. Wtf sif buy another calcultor or 4 wtf?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lol i'm gonna bring 1 or maybe two, but one of mine is relatively new and has solar power as well as battery power incase it does run out in exams :D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I have never changed the batteries on my calculator. I'm sure it will last the exam. However, I'm taking my sisters in as well just in case.

Imagine how much money they must make on student buying two calculators for exams...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Absolutezero said:
I have never changed the batteries on my calculator. I'm sure it will last the exam. However, I'm taking my sisters in as well just in case.

Imagine how much money they must make on student buying two calculators for exams...
i just have a brother and he has one...and we also have an older version as well incase

snore

Kinky Kelly & Sexy Stud
HSC
I just went out and got a new battery. It's not hard to change in my calc (Casio fx-350MS) just one screw on the back for the battery cover. Now for less than $2 I have bought confidence in my calc not running out of juice.

vds700

HSC
janaranaran! said:
I'm petrified my calculator will conk out in the exam...I've had it since year 8 and never changed the batteries.

Are you allowed to bring in two??

one of my friends was suggesting two anyway so you can have one set to degrees and one to radians (i think thats a waste of time though)
Yeah good idea if u can borrow one.

I will definitely bring 2.

If u cant borrow one, its pretty easy to change the batteries, just undo the screws on the back cover and put a new one in, its not rocket science.

louis.andrews

HSC
i got a new one a couple of yrs ago and all this yr it turns off every few minutes and the contrast keeps changing by itself. its fixable with a good hit but that wasnt very good in the trial caus i was heaps noisy i the quiet hall when i was trying to get it to work again :) i think it would be wise to buy a new one before the exam

janaranaran!

HSC
OK TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP

a) saying i don't know how to change the batteries = i can't be bothered

b) I also agree that having one set to radians and one to degrees is stupid, hence why i said its a waste of time. i realise it takes two seconds as i've only been changing back and forth all year lol

c) basically im not an idiot.

happy now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)