• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Call back... (1 Viewer)

Lukybear

HSC
Ive recently applied to subway and its been a week and they havent called back. From everyone's experience, is this usual? What does it mean? Did they not want me?

savio23q

Band
HSC
Well you can wait another week or so. If you still don't receive a call then they probably don't need you. Don't just sit and wait, apply at other places at the same time. They're not all gonna call you back.

Lukybear

HSC
but if they dont call back that means they wont hire you right?

or will they call you back anywaz to just notify you that their not hiring?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Lukybear said:
but if they dont call back that means they wont hire you right?

or will they call you back anywaz to just notify you that their not hiring?
Fast food and retail are the worst when it comes to call backs.... Most employers won't bother calling you if your application failed but if you make it through to the next stages (interview, etc..), you'll probably be notified. To be honest though, I'd rather not get a call back at all than to have them call me and tell me I failed anyway....

I've noticed you've been trying hard to look for a job from all your posts. Don't get too down on how difficult it is, and if you do get offered something (especially now with how employment is at the moment), just take it. I only got employed last week (after 5 months of searching) and found out 70 other people applied for my position so my main point is,

Dont give up!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
if they don't have a position vacant, then they most likely wont call. they may have your resume on reserve until they do have a position vacant. just keep applying to places, particularily those which do have vacancies as they will want staff sooner than those who aren't short staffed.

chumbumm. =D

HSC
just apply EVEYWHERE!
im sure there'll be a place thats needed staff...

Lukybear

HSC
Well thxs guys for all your advice, really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)