Calling all year 10's..a year 11er here! (1 Viewer)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
gordo said:
haha at my sister's school they told her there were trials for school ceritificate to make them all study and take it seriously

has it changed since i did it, or is this just some ploy to make the school do better, i.e. getting them to sit practise school certificate tests thinking its counting

we did trials school cert .. it counted ro around about 40%

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
SpoRTsGaL said:
and you're wrong. Thanks.

3u maths does not stuff up your 2u mark... it, in fact, makes it better. Take my ext 1 maths class, for example. We have 15 people, 11 of them doing the 2u and ext 1 course (this is year 12 though)...the placings at the end of year 12: 1st-3rd and 5th-equal 11th in 2unit....... a 2 unit student came 4th.... so eliminating the 2u student who came 4th, the whole ext 1 class got the best ranks for the 2unit course.

look, if you think you're capable of doing ext 1 in year 11, then choose it. If you go well in it, then continue it for year 12. .... honestly, it isn't that much more work. Also, it will make your 2u marks better, because you learn better ways of doing a particular question and may apply 3u stuff to it to answer it....you still get the marks.
i am correct in the context i am talking about ( from our school) we have a combined class for 2unit and ext, we dont know which bits of topics are 2 unit and which are ext ( we are not told, we mix 2 unit and 3unit stuff up)
this means that when we do the 2 unit exam we do not know which stuff is 2 unit ( also the textbooks we have are 3 unit ones, which also have 2 unit and ext combinesd) thus we study things that are NOT in the test, and waste time with additional stuff from 2 unit. other schools do not have this problem as they teache 2 unit and ext separate OR if they have a combined class, split it into 2 unit and ext topics, so people know which ones are which. There are other factors that help stuff up our 2 unit marks. please conform details before stating that i am wrong. In our case it does def. ruin your 2 unit mark a little, although i am aware that in many cases it helps it

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
SpoRTsGaL said:
and you're wrong. Thanks.

3u maths does not stuff up your 2u mark... it, in fact, makes it better. Take my ext 1 maths class, for example. We have 15 people, 11 of them doing the 2u and ext 1 course (this is year 12 though)...the placings at the end of year 12: 1st-3rd and 5th-equal 11th in 2unit....... a 2 unit student came 4th.... so eliminating the 2u student who came 4th, the whole ext 1 class got the best ranks for the 2unit course.

look, if you think you're capable of doing ext 1 in year 11, then choose it. If you go well in it, then continue it for year 12. .... honestly, it isn't that much more work. Also, it will make your 2u marks better, because you learn better ways of doing a particular question and may apply 3u stuff to it to answer it....you still get the marks.

also .. another thing, ext people are still topping 2 unit ( e.g. i am 2nd in 2 unit, the person coming 1st in 2 unit does ext, the people come 1-15 all do it) but they could have got better martks personally if not for ext maths ( except for one girl where ext maths helped her :p)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Awhile back a girl from my school who did quite poorly in her school certificated ended up being the Dux of year 12. The majority of people I've asked about the SC say that it's not important UNLESS you're thinking of going off to work and not continuing onto year 11.

As someone doing the SC this year, I say if you want to do well in it then revise and whatnot, but receiving a low band won't actually affect how well you do in your HSC, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the only exam you really need to prepare for. *shrugs*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)