Calling all year 10's..a year 11er here! (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I agree dont study it really isnt worth it for yr 10, the school certificate is easy without it, I got 89 for Science, 84 for English and 98 for Maths (god I love standardised tests)

Kulazzi

HSC
uhhh....there's sumfing called 'silly mistakes' (which I tend to do in my exams :)) and......well.....you're not expected to get every question right anyway and plus it is not as hard as you think it is (from my experience) cos I did past papers etc. etc. :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Funky_Junky
If u guyz all think the SC is easy, how come u guyz didn't get 100%?????
Well I said it was easy I didn't say that I was perfect (although compared to some at my school it appears that way).

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by Funky_Junky
If u guyz all think the SC is easy, how come u guyz didn't get 100%?????
Some of us actually did. I got 100% for my geography and history papers. In total for these 2 subjects I probably did about 3hrs study. Thats how easy it is.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sexysarah2003

Remember if you are doing advanced maths, do 2 U or 3 U next year.
thats not necessarily true, like i did advanced, and i always got good marks for it, so i did 2u for yr 11 and seriously sucked arse. now (yr 12) i do general and i rock!
if you do adv, give 2u a go, but dont assume that just because you cope with yr 10 adv that you will cope with yr 11 2u

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
thats not necessarily true, like i did advanced, and i always got good marks for it, so i did 2u for yr 11 and seriously sucked arse. now (yr 12) i do general and i rock!
if you do adv, give 2u a go, but dont assume that just because you cope with yr 10 adv that you will cope with yr 11 2u
I totally agree with Jess there. I dont study maths however my friend who was always really good at maths (got like HD's in all those maths comps) selected 2u and couldn't handle it. His now doing general and yeah is doing really well in it.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I cant remember year 10 much.

I dont care anymore what i got for the SC, there is something more scarier than that waiting for me....H S C

HSC
Originally posted by Craig
I totally agree with Jess there. I dont study maths however my friend who was always really good at maths (got like HD's in all those maths comps) selected 2u and couldn't handle it. His now doing general and yeah is doing really well in it.
really? i didn't know that could happen so soon? although i had to admit i did suck at maths during the first 2 terms in yr 8 and did very well before and after that year.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I wouldn't bother studying for the SC. Study calculus and stuff instead - yes study calculus in place of history study, dammit!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
haha at my sister's school they told her there were trials for school ceritificate to make them all study and take it seriously

has it changed since i did it, or is this just some ploy to make the school do better, i.e. getting them to sit practise school certificate tests thinking its counting

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
sexysarah2003 said:
Remember if you are doing advanced maths, do 2 U or 3 U next year.

if your in intermediate, do general.

^_^

no! if you are in advanced maths and failing badly dont just do 2/3 unit, because some people say adv people should. Ask your teachers, look at your marks, think about your ability and make an informed descion

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
deyveed said:
I know i shouldn't be saying this but if your planning on doing 2u maths next year, do 3u instead.
The 3u helps you in the 2u even if your crap at 3u.

i would recomened maybe doing ext maths for year 11, but not for the hsc!!!! ( if just wanna do 2 unit) too much extra work n stress
plu in my opinion 3 unit stuffs your 2 unit mark up ( i dont know what is 2 unit and what isnt, so 4 2 unit tests i study ext anyway and get myself into crap)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
That's just stupid. 3 unit isn't going to stuff up your mark - you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)