Calling all year 10's..a year 11er here! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
what school do u currently go to?
all saints catholic girls college in liverpool.
the sc is not all general knowledge according to what it's like here. i've seen the past history and geo papers and most of them were knowledge questions, which is a shame since i couldn't remember any thing in geography :eek: . the english, maths and science past papers were all the general knowledge questions with what i noticed. english is the biggest bludge subject 4 me this year though:rolleyes:

paki_diva

science isn't exactly general knowledge this yr....it's going to be half skills and half theory...tht's wht our teacher told us..

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
the skills is just been able to read and draw graphs and shit, not to bad...

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
But everyone is different, some people struggle to keep up with the rest of the class, my advice was for people who are having problems. I studied my butt of and look what l got. Just because you got high results for the SC doesn't mean that no one else should study.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
sif calculus in year 10 !
sif not man! nah i mean really really easy stuff
like dx/dx = 1 lol

and sorry bout the confusin i didnt mean polynomials / calc as in prelim stuff, i meant real easy beginner stuff about them. e.g poly division etc
that stuffs yr 10 isnt it? well it was in the yr 10 book so teachers taught it anyway.

anyway back to my point: the sc is a piece of shit. i got a D for my PE mark :p and a B for english. the rest wer As so it spelt BAAAAAAD or somethin. :p

Kulazzi

HSC
even tho the SC it still matters if u get a good mark and to do that u need to study. Lucky for me, I'm going to start fasting on the 24th of October which means that I get up at like 3 each morning and fast for da rest of day and then don't eat until sunset - ne ways - If I get up at 3 then i could study throughout the whole morning for my SC - after all - majority of yr 10s would like to get good marks and the only way they know how to do dat is to study :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
If you go good in the SC put all the pages into your resume if you go not so good, only put the certificate in..... so yeah!!

Giant Lobster

HSC
hey i dont get this obsession ppl have with resumes. srsly why wud an employer care wat u got for ur sc? shit i dont even think they care about ur hsc / uai either. doesnt it just comes down to wat degree u have / how good u were in uni? and work experience / accolades from past workplaces etc and nothing from school? well anyways, if i was an employer i wudnt give a rats ass about whether a guy was prefect in his senior years or whether he did alot of extracurriculars. all i wud care about is his qualifications in uni really.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
It just adds to it, shows that you have knowledge of something, but if you have references its even better. My resume is really good, for what i have done...

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I know i shouldn't be saying this but if your planning on doing 2u maths next year, do 3u instead.
The 3u helps you in the 2u even if your crap at 3u.

Kulazzi

HSC
wat? so ur saying to do extension to help understand 2u? But wouldn't it be better if u go with 2u so u'll get better marks than 3u even if u fail cos 2u will be easier than 3u? :S

HSC
Originally posted by sexysarah2003
if your in intermediate, do general.
I went from intermediate to 3unit and had no troubles. I was privately tutored for the term prior to year 11 commencing.

And, 3unit does help, but if your not very good, then it is a lot of extra work + extra stress come exam time...

Kulazzi

HSC
Our teachers recommended that those who r in advanced maths shuld do mathematics where as intermediate and standard shuld do general cos maths is harder in yr 11, however I think the majority in advanced r doing genereal :p

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
what our school says on the first day of year 11 is that all the SC tells people is that you sat on a chair for four years... no matter how much work you do

from what i remember, i didn't do very much study (except for history because i needed dates and stuff) and i got a band 6 in maths and band 5's in everything else

so basically just do your best, and don't stress out because about ten seconds after you get your results you will be wondering why you went to the trouble of studying, no matter what you get...

Mazey

Guys i didnt study at all and got band 5's and 6's for everything!! Dont stress! DO do your homework but dont isolate urself from the world!

Cos seriously it IS only yr 10... i know ppl who were coming bottom of the grade in yr 10 and they're like top 5 in subjects now.. 2 yrs is a long time.

Also with some subjects (esp Eng) it changes heaps in regards to what they expect from you to learn. Like eng went from, "what is this text about?" to "what is this text about, how does the author convey what they're on about etc."

But yeh good study habits are good :p
and maths sucks no whatever which one u do but hey ;) its good to have it!

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
its hard to listen to everyone saying the sc is worth nothing, dont study, bludge, etc cause...i dont know why...im gunna do a bit of revision..just in case

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by praise897
its hard to listen to everyone saying the sc is worth nothing, dont study, bludge, etc cause...i dont know why...im gunna do a bit of revision..just in case

yeah do a bit and everything else, just don't lose sleep over it, and if a friend asks you to go to the movies while you are studing go..

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
The best thing about the SC is that it gives you an insight into how hard your going to have to work in year 11 and 12.
When in year 11 you'll look back at the SC and say that was really easy however for current year 10 students it feels like a big deal.
Year 10 students, you'll figure that out when you hit year 11. Sadly the HSC years are a lot harder, i'm discovering that now. I attained a mark of 89 in english in year 10 and in year 11 yearlies I failed with 42%. But really what happens will happen, dont stress out to much.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Kids, the School C. doesn't matter at all... I didn't study; hell, I was hardly ever at school and did OK in the SC (English - Band 5, Maths; Science - Band 4) My maths teacher wanted to fail me because I was never in his class and when I was, I usually slept or talked. That Science major assessment thing we all do, I never did. Got warning letters and nothing happened. I still got my SC and did OK.

But when it comes down, even if you screw up, it doesn't mean anything. I'm guessing almost everyone here plans on going to year 12? Then, like someone said before, the SC just confirms you sat on a chair for 4 years ;) Nothing special.

But work in senior years ;) You can bludge like theres no tomorrow in Year 10, but come late year 11/year 12, you need to buckle down and work ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)