Campbell quits as NSW transport minister over gay club scandel (1 Viewer)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
He has a house in the street just outside of the school I go to. I drove myself to school this morning (with dad in the car of course, on my L's) driving into the culdesac and drove pass the house. Talk about a lot of photographers and what have you, had to be at least 30 there waiting for something to happen, had never seen something like that before, doesn't happen often here.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Hey at least he wasn't some Morally high conservative railing against homosexuals, but then getting busted being one.
Happens on a monthly basis in American politics.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Didn't really like him anyway, he was palpably inept for the job, but this isn't really the way to end his political career. It's a blatant breach of privacy and shows a lack of respect towards gays.

I mean put it this way, Rudd, the Prime Minister, goes to a strip club and there are minimal political repercussions.

Campbell, state transport minister goes to a gay club and resigns overnight amidst much political turmoil.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
Homosexuality isn't a crime and ministers are perfectly entitled to use their government cars for personal use.

Shame on the media for such a blatant breach of privacy. There was absolutely no legitimate public interest in running the story.

He should have been sacked for incompetence, but it's unfortunate to see him go over this.
doesn't he have a wife and kids though?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
What he did was unethical, yes, but by no means illegal. I don't know much about his competency in his job, but from what I've heard he wasn't too great. It is a shame that he has to leave like this though.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Where Campbell takes it has nothing to do with his job as a minister. I hate how the media have attacked him, like going to gay spas somehow compromises his value as a minister.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
What he did was unethical, yes, but by no means illegal. I don't know much about his competency in his job, but from what I've heard he wasn't too great. It is a shame that he has to leave like this though.
How is it unethical?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's just a company car, though.

Surely he's entitled to drive it wherever he pleases?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Where Campbell takes it has nothing to do with his job as a minister. I hate how the media have attacked him, like going to gay spas somehow compromises his value as a minister.
You could say the same for the Matthew Johns Sex Scandal last year.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think I might have said something similar haha. Although wasn't there an element of illegality to the Matty Johns one? Like the girl was under age or there was a gang bang or something?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Ah, I don't remember.

I like that Andrew Bolt thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)