Can a teacher from your school tutor you? (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
I heard that apparently, a teacher from your school cannot tutor you. Is it true or is it false?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I think it's BOS policy that they can't.

Aznmichael92

HSC
if this is the case, doesnt it mean i cannot go to a coaching college class if the tutor is my school teacher?

HSC
N/A
yeh its true, a teacher from your school cannot tutor you no matter what e.g. a maths teacher from your school cant teach you english

i know this cos our business teacher told us, i asked him to tutor me in economics but he was horrified :eek:

but it happens, i know that a teacher at our school taught his students outside of school, so yeh ;)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
if this is the case, doesnt it mean i cannot go to a coaching college class if the tutor is my school teacher?
Yeah, you will probably be put in a different class which isn't taught by your teacher.

UNZPME

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
I heard that apparently, a teacher from your school cannot tutor you. Is it true or is it false?
i dont know about your schools but my school techers are allowed 2 tutor us it goes 4 an hour after school and is really useful :D :eek:

UNZPME

HSC
Charity F said:
well there's one teacher who does that for his class, but that's personal choice and he doesn't charge anything

im sure when money's involved then it's not allowed.
yeh they dont charge us its freeee

atreus

HSC
a teacher helping students after class is not really tutoring. tutoring in the sense that they tutor some kids privately is not done because of the problems it could create. imagine the teacher marking the assessment has tutored one of the kids in class and they do really well. you'd have the rest of the class who can complain about conflict of interest, bias, etc.

UNZPME

HSC
atreus said:
a teacher helping students after class is not really tutoring. tutoring in the sense that they tutor some kids privately is not done because of the problems it could create. imagine the teacher marking the assessment has tutored one of the kids in class and they do really well. you'd have the rest of the class who can complain about conflict of interest, bias, etc.

no the teacher does not help us. they actually do tutor us :D

skynet89

HSC
lol i knew one kid who got tutored by his teacher. she tutored me as well but i was from another school

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
They cant do it for money, but they can give you extra lessons if its free

Mothers

Banned
HSC
I had the head teacher of science offer me tutoring lessons after school in year 10. It sounded a bit sinister so I decided to refuse.

Aznmichael92

HSC
well my school offers hw help after school so its not really tutoring. Its free and quite helpfup for those have problems with hw.

jeremychung

HSC
N/A
Mothers said:
I had the head teacher of science offer me tutoring lessons after school in year 10. It sounded a bit sinister so I decided to refuse.
Do you go to james ruse high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)