• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can i achieve an ATAR of 70+ with these subjects. (1 Viewer)

Blake Henderson

HSC
Advanced English
Biology
Chemistry
General Mathematics
Legal studies
Modern History

IcyRain

HSC
Absolutely. You can achieve a 70+ with ANY subject combination.

Blake Henderson

HSC
Is it difficult to achieve it with these subjects. I dont know how hard these subjects would be in hsc.

IcyRain

HSC
Is it difficult to achieve it with these subjects. I dont know how hard these subjects would be in hsc.
All of the subjects are challenging in the HSC. Out of all your subjects they are difficult but do scale well, excluding General Maths.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I can tell you from experience that Advanced English, Modern History and Legal Studies require analytical thinking. You need to be able to write essays from your ass (unless you're a rote learner - usually they're great essayists anyway/ besides the ones who get their tutors to write it for them). It's about knowing the content well enough to apply it to any question that will appear in the exam.

I never studied properly. I mainly listened in class, participated in discussions and helped other people to consolidate my understanding. The only thing that fucked me over each time was my inability to remember ALL the dot points, so sometimes I rambled a bit. Hahahaha.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can get 99.95 with those subjects.

You can get a < 30 ATAR with those subjects.

You can get any ATAR with any subject combination.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just work hard and aim high:) By the way, if you haven't check out a senior studies guide I have complied, hopefully the study tips for your subjects as well for general studying will assist you to ace your senior studies:)
http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html

Please do tell me if you find it helpful or if you think I can add anything more to it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)