Can I achieve my career goal? (1 Viewer)

mr.gavin

HSC
ok so im doing: english standard, enlgish fundmentles, entretainment, senior science, a tafe course and somthin else i forgot. im prety smart so can i still acheive my dream of being a baby docter?

ebonybc

HSC
Re: Anyone Doing Advanced English

i guess. if you work really hard you will definately be able to achieve everything you want. obviously by the way you write we can all tell you are very intelligent and can feel you have the possiblitliy to achive great things.
the blues fest is really soon and everything else will be a joke.

:wave:

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Depends how hard you try to get there, sometimes you may have to take a longer road compare to others. If you think thats worth it by all means go for it. Word of advice, maybe you should find out the proper term for baby doctor:)

cccclaire

HSC
Do I have to be the honest one?

I'm pretty sure you're not going to be a paediatrician

cccclaire

HSC
Well, on a variety of things, one of them being his subject choices.
Also the fact he 'forgot' one of the subjects he's taking.
As well as spelling "pretty" "I'm" and "something" incorrectly =/

topdeck

HSC
cccclaire said:
Do I have to be the honest one?

I'm pretty sure you're not going to be a paediatrician
I'm afraid i have to agree. At least know what subjects your doing at high school before you decide what subject youy want to do at uni.

Also, are you sure that your getting a uai? If your doing tafe plus entertainment...arn't they both category b courses?

cs01001

HSC
Come on, any subject combos can get a high UAI.

Just work hard :)

cs01001

HSC
Oh, and you can't carry Fundamentals on to Year 12, so stuff it and work on other subjects :)

cccclaire

HSC
yeh, but realistically he's not going to do that.

cccclaire

HSC
you're all just giving him false hope.
There's about a 1 in a million chance he'll become a paediatrician, and you all know it.
I'm just being the honest one telling him

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
cccclaire said:
you're all just giving him false hope.
There's about a 1 in a million chance he'll become a paediatrician, and you all know it.
I'm just being the honest one telling him
If he is willing to take that chance, let him take it

HSC
I suppose you can...

Consider these questions:

*If you want to be a doctor, why didn't you pick any sciences? Or even PD/H/PE? Surely your interest must have stemmed from somewhere...

*If you're as smart as you say you are....why don't you do, at the very least Advanced English? Why standard? Doctors need to be good commincators..im not saying youre not but surely you would choose advanced over standard on that alone?

*You have picked two practical based courses (one of which you have forgotten), neither of which have anything to do with being a doctor. Nothing against those kind of courses but to be a doctor is a purely academic course...

I don't want to discourage you, and I hope you prove me wrong one day and you DO become a paediatritian...but I just don't understand why you want to be a doctor based on the subjects you chose alone, let alone be capable of completing the course....in the meantime I strongly advise you to consider your alternative options.

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
His profile says that he does Advance : /

HSC
the leader said:
perhaps mr.gavin is playing you all for fools, it is the first of April after all...
Perhaps mr.gavin is really the fool...after all he posted on the first of april....AFTER MIDDAY!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The answer is yes. Work hard, and put in the effort with a good attitude, and anything is possible.

thebeardedlady

HSC
Kujah said:
The answer is yes. Work hard, and put in the effort with a good attitude, and anything is possible.
I do believe in fairys.
I do believe in fairys.
I do believe in fairys.

porquoispas

HSC
Doing well in the hsc isn't the only pathway into medicine, only a few people can make it through the hsc... You would have to do the Undergraduate Medical Admissions Test in year 12 which is kind of a logic test so if you're as smart as you say, there shouldn't be a problem. There's also an interview which you can only attend if you do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)