Can I Drop Maths After Prelim??? (1 Viewer)

3Lachlan2

HSC
Should circumstances rise to give me overwelming reason to drop down from 2 Unit to General, is this allowed? I just need confirmation, as I'm pretty sure we can...
Anyone done this or know ppl that have? And what are your thoughts on maths for psychology... Leave a comment please.

HSC
IMO, you need 2 unit maths for psych, but seeing as you've asked the same questions over and over again with others giving the same response as me, you're not too keen on keeping it ;)

3Lachlan2

HSC
IMO, you need 2 unit maths for psych, but seeing as you've asked the same questions over and over again with others giving the same response as me, you're not too keen on keeping it ;)
HAHAHAHAHHA im asking it over and over because im not totally satisfyed with the answers... XD i admit the majority of ppl dropping it in my class has shaken my faith in advanced, and made me look to general as an option for the first time (before i would be like 'pffffft' to anyone doing general lol).... anyways the psychology of my circumstance has led me to ask for others opinions.... which is what would be helpful as i have time to think this over.... i dont want to make a decision and be influenced again ie. i need suffiecient reasoning for keeping 2 unit till the prelim is over and then sufficient reasoning for taking it into the HSC. Im concerned (as u will find in other posts) that i will be studying things i wont need at uni (like calculus) and not things i will need (like standard deviation). if u can justify this, go ahead... at the moment im just not too sure either way....

3Lachlan2

HSC
you can drop whenever you like
NO, im talking about dropping one for another, i thought there might be a prelim prerequisite thingy... but this probaly doesn't apply with maths for maths.

and of course i can.... but after i have sought advice for a number of sources, including people like you.

hscishard

HSC
Try to drop it before prelim finishes. You're missing out on the prelim stuff. HSC can test 30% of the prelim maths adv course, not sure about general

HSC
Uni Grad
2 Unit is very different from General, it's not like going from English Adv. to Standard.

kcqn93

HSC
you know in the end it's up to you, the advice given on bos should not determine your final decision.

if you're keen on dropping it, then drop. no point keeping it if you're not enjoying it or doing crap in it.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Why not just ask current/former students in the Tertiary Education section? i.e.: "To any Psych students: In your experience, do I need 2U maths for a Psychology degree or will General suffice?"

Try to drop it before prelim finishes. You're missing out on the prelim stuff. HSC can test 30% of the prelim maths adv course, not sure about general
This too.

Last edited:

bouncing

HSC
why dont you just keep 2u and not follow the rest of your class (who are dropping) unless you seriously find 2u VERY VERY VERY CHALLENGING... its not like there are all that many concepts to learn

bv

HSC
i no people who dropped down to general after year 12 half yearlies.. dropping down to general is fine as long as you catch up, which apperntly is a piece of cake

3Lachlan2

HSC
I thank everyone who commented for their input, and know all too well that the decisions lies with me and me alone. However, I must make it clear to everyone that I am not doing crap at advanced atm. In the first test I came second. However, this was on Bacis Arithmetic and Algebra, was not set to a hard level, and hardly any of the hard concepts of this topic were in as we are very behind. Keeping this in consideration, and the debate over whether general would be more beneficial for psych, I will start a new thread aimed at people at uni who would know from experience. Again I know its my decision, but I don't think a few bits of advice here or there would go to harm. Thankyou again for your input, and anything else you have to say about this thread please do so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)