"Can I get a decent ATAR with these subjects?" (1 Viewer)

xDarkSilent

HSC
Uni Grad
i have 3 questions .

Can you fail HSC standard english ?

If you get below 50/60 for HSC standard English is your atar screwed up ?

Can anyone give me some tips of excelling in HSC std english ? I dont get it, my english is really crap, and im scared it will pull my atar down heaps

HSC
i have 3 questions .

Can you fail HSC standard english ?

If you get below 50/60 for HSC standard English is your atar screwed up ?

Can anyone give me some tips of excelling in HSC std english ? I dont get it, my english is really crap, and im scared it will pull my atar down heaps
Yes
Yes
Practise

A 50 in standard will impact your ATAR significantly

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Dark person

Anyone can fail any subject, therefore you can fail standard english

A mark below 60 or 50 will impact your ATAR, as any low mark will. With english always counting, you can guarantee that it will hurt you ATAR, however a good mark will increase you ATAR

Only about 12 people of 20 odd thousand get a band 6, so all you can do is study

powlmao

Banned
HSC
oh okay ^thanks for the advice.
+1 :)

Legit, its is like any other subject.

The shitter you do, the worse your ATAR will be. The better you do, the better you will do

Just note that standard alligns shit, so you need to study/practise

Binyam

HSC
'You CAN get any ATAR with any subject combination. '
This isn't true.
Using the atar calculator, if i did standard english, general maths, food technology, business services and aboriginal studies, even if i got 100 hsc mark in every single subject (this in itself would be highly improbable), my atar in 2010 would only have been 98.85
ONLY 98.85?!? Am I aiming low or...?

MichiamoNicola

HSC
We were listening to a year 10 class get a motivational speech about year 11 subjects while sitting in 4U english and one of my friends disagreed with the teacher on the whole "pick all subjects you like". She says not to do that because she's now become so attached to all her subjects and does so well at them all that she's trying to juggle 14 units and is beginning to stress.
But yeah, I'm currently doing Italian Beginners which I love so much and getting anywhere from 85% to 100% in assessments and exams (just got 100% in speaking trial, fuck yeahhh!) and our teacher told us that the equivalent of an 80 in Italian is a 90 in General Maths, is this amount of scaling true? Or is it just an exaggeration from my teacher to get us to come to her tutoring sessions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)