Can I learn prelim and HSC physics after school? (1 Viewer)

rilkman

HSC
I'm not able to do physics are school for a couple reasons (my rank was not high enough last year and, the class is full), and I was wondering if there is a way for me to learn the physics prelim and HSC content after school?
I was just wondering as some uni courses I may want to pursue have an assumed knowledge of HSC physics.

Thanks

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Private Tutoring? Do a bridging course before uni starts.

horse9996

HSC
The best way is probably a bridging course but it really depends on what degree you wanna do. I personally made this mistake as in y10 I thought that I didn't like physics and now I'm looking at doing engineering/advanced science

You could read physics books (eg physics in minutes, physics in 100 numbers, etc - not textbooks!) to gain an outside understanding yourself and explore the subject at your own will at your pace

Last edited:

rilkman

HSC
Thanks, I always did want to do physics but due to how my school determines the classes, I did not get put into it. I was also looking at doing a degree in advanced science which is why I am inquiring about this.

HSC
N/A
http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics/future/faq.shtml#5

^ advice from USyd

At MQ, where I am undergrad in Phys, HSC Physics was NOT assumed but Ext Math knowledge is (some basic calculus, algebra is all you need to get going though).
If you're sure Physics will be part of your future get yourself Young & Freedmans textbook (or borrow) and just read bits in your spare time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)