Can I still do well? (1 Viewer)

chrysler

HSC
Just wondering if I can still do well at school. I go to a fairly academic school btw.
I have trials coming up and have the following ranks.
Senior science: 3/25
Physics: 7/22
Mathematics (The pathway below extension): 30/40
PDHPE: 28/54
Religion 1 unit: 60/120
English standard: 47/120

Im worried that some of my subjects are going to let me down. If i go well in Trials with hard work is it still possible to recieve a good atar? And what if I maintained roughly the same ranks?

photastic

HSC
Give up being 1st in anything because you are nowhere near it, so only focus on yourself and your own best ability. I don't know what an academic school is but if you ain't in a top 50-75 school, consider an atar less than 90 at the moment.

You should remember that school assessments are only 50% to your hsc mark so get your maximum ranks to increase your school assessment mark. Then smash (like really hard) the hsc exam and you will kill the atar. There's always a chance since your a middle student and the middle can either go to the top or bottom.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I have to say I hate these threads, if you are worried about it enough to seek advice it would suggest that it is important enough to you that you should put in what effort you can irrespective of your position.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Im not sure what school rank is, it is relatively high though I know that.
That means nothing.

What ATAR are you aiming for? If you're looking to boost it, I recommend pulling up all your subjects, especially maths, religion and English.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
Answer to all generic "Can I still do well" questions: Yes, you can. Just study hard m8.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Just wondering if I can still do well at school. I go to a fairly academic school btw.

Im worried that some of my subjects are going to let me down. If i go well in Trials with hard work is it still possible to recieve a good atar? And what if I maintained roughly the same ranks?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

http://bettereducation.com.au/results/hsc.aspx
What's your school rank on this?

http://www.matrix.edu.au/2013-high-school-rankings/
Or on this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)