• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can I still get a UAI of above 90? (1 Viewer)

SamuelleumaS

HSC
N/A
I do Industrial Technology: metal, Engineering Studies, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Extension 1 Maths and advanced english and so far my average across all of my subjects is 73, which for me is disappointing. I was lucky enough to get the flu during my half yearly exams which brought down my marks a lot and am wondering if it is not too late for me to get a UAI over 90 since it's only halfway through the year and most of the major assessments for the subjects I do are coming up in the next term and a half. I know if it is possible that I will have to work incredibly hard to get the UAI I want but I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get this mark.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Work hard, get your ranking back up and continue working hard after trials and you will have a chance. What do you have to lose? Even if 90 isn't possible, you still would want to work to get it as high as possible.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
its definitely possible.

remember, its the ranks that matter more than your marks at school, so just work really hard to move your way up the ranks.

you may also want to lodge a misadventure appeal for your lower half yearly marks; if they see that your performance is considerably lower in that task compared to the rest of your performance, they'll bump up your mark.

also keep in mind, there's still the hsc exams, which will be half your marks.

you have plenty of oppurtunities to catch up.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SamuelleumaS said:
I do Industrial Technology: metal, Engineering Studies, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Extension 1 Maths and advanced english and so far my average across all of my subjects is 73, which for me is disappointing. I was lucky enough to get the flu during my half yearly exams which brought down my marks a lot and am wondering if it is not too late for me to get a UAI over 90 since it's only halfway through the year and most of the major assessments for the subjects I do are coming up in the next term and a half. I know if it is possible that I will have to work incredibly hard to get the UAI I want but I am prepared to do whatever it takes to get this mark.
It would be better if you outlined your ranks & your school ranks (this is quite desirable). Have a look at how your school has been performing as well.

Putting aside all the school ranks & your ranks at school, 73 doesn't seem very good. That basically means few Band 5s and few Band 4s. Even though most of your subjects are known as 'high-scaling' subjects, Band 4s will not yield high scaled marks. If you manage to get Band 5s in all your subjects, you can expect over 90 UAI. I advise you to focus on subjects that you perform poorly in. Industrial Technology is known to hold atrociously low scaling (no offence, it is the truth according to the past 3 years reports on scaling) so it may bring your UAI down pretty badly if it somehow gets counted as your UAI.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
thaoww said:
How the school ranking affects the UAI?
It doesn't. I was just saying that school tends to perform similarly every year, which means that you may be able to draw estimate of what you can get.

People at school may affect your UAI by the way (if you are not the top student at your school).

Arashi

To be honest with you i think you're in the danger zone a bit right now.Not that u wont be able to get the UAI that u desire but the truth is that once you hit year 12, then it's do or die really.

Now in your case, i think that you should've considered getting an extension for your exams since you had the flue but in some schools such as mine, if u let some teacher know that you had the flue but you still sat for the exam, they may look at your marks and give you some extra marks if they know that your performance has really been affected by the flue.

But not to worry, if u say that ur major assessment tasks are coming up, then just really try to nail those as well as any other exam that you may have coming up.But do not lose hope!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)