Can I still get in? (1 Viewer)

dsam

HSC
Hi,

I am a WA student wishing to study in UWS. If I have read correctly, a TER mark is equivalent to a UAI mark. In my case, I scored a 51.00 (I know - really bad).

But the thing is, I don't have enough to enter the course I wish to do in UWS - Social Sciences - Humanitarian and Peace Studies which requires 60.00.

Is there anyway I can get in? I really want to do this course.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ads54

HSC
Hey dsam,

In response to your question, your TER/UAI isn't high enough to make you competitive against other high ranking UAI individuals so you might (if your lucky) or might not get an offer for study at UWS in 2008. That said, if you can't get an offer, you can get into the course you want via an alternative entry scheme in 2009. Here are some alternative entry schemes you might like to look in depth from the UAC website.

www.uac.edu.au/admin/schemes.html

One more thing to note, is that the UAI cut-off marks for any university course might or might not change depending on the year. Hope I answered your question properly. Ask me further inquiries and I'll be glad to answer for you.

dsam

HSC
Ads54 - thanks so much for your reply.

Well, even if the new cut off marks are released, I doubt it would decrease by 10.00 UAI marks.

Melsc - what is this 'non rewards' program?

= Jennifer = - Will a B Arts be a better option for me?

I really want to do this course next year and not defer or skip 1 year. I guess you can't measure determination against exam results :(

There's not one day I don't hate myself for not doing better in high school :p

Thanks to all who have replied. Much appreciated.

ps Happy new year everyone !

Last edited:

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hey there. The others were on the right track, there are a few options available to you:
1. UWS has a program called Unitrack. All the info is at www.uws.edu.au/unitrack. It doesn’t guarantee you a place at UWS but it can make you more competitive when you next apply through UAC, as it shows you can study at a Uni level. The best part is that the units you complete with Unitrack may count towards your degree, if you’re accepted into the degree program. Applications are still open – they close on the 25th of Jan.
2. UWS College: fee paying programs, some of which are equivalent to first year uni study. (Call (02) 96859785)
3. TAFE – if you want to use TAFE to get into a UWS degree you need to complete a certificate 4 or above. TAFE study can also mean you get some advanced standing towards the degree. TAFE have a website, take a look at that or call them to see which courses still have places. (ph: 131 601)

Cool – hope that helps.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Moldy81 said:
1. UWS has a program called Unitrack. All the info is at www.uws.edu.au/unitrack. It doesn’t guarantee you a place at UWS but it can make you more competitive when you next apply through UAC, as it shows you can study at a Uni level. The best part is that the units you complete with Unitrack may count towards your degree, if you’re accepted into the degree program. Applications are still open – they close on the 25th of Jan.
Thats the non-award program I was talking about :) Check that out

kennychan222

HSC
The following Qualifications that I used (I am a Domestic Student applying through UAC and already passed English requirement)

a)GCE A-levels (Biology: E, Chemistry: D, Physics in AS: C and Chinese: B)
b)ABRSM grade 8 exam (as type of Professional qualification)
c) 0.5 years attendence of a Bachelor Course at the Open Uni. of Hong Kong.

UWS may be the only university which recognised all professional Qualification which is equivalent to or high than year 12

I turned my GCE grades to UAI and I got 69 (I am not sure for the exact value)...Generally, I can get UWS offers if I only count A-levels...(as the minimum UAI is 60.00)..yet, my UAI may be even greater

That's Enough to admitt all courses in UWS.

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
kennychan222 said:
The following Qualifications that I used (I am a Domestic Student applying through UAC and already passed English requirement)

a)GCE A-levels (Biology: E, Chemistry: D, Physics in AS: C and Chinese: B)
b)ABRSM grade 8 exam (as type of Professional qualification)
c) 0.5 years attendence of a Bachelor Course at the Open Uni. of Hong Kong.

UWS may be the only university which recognised all professional Qualification which is equivalent to or high than year 12

I turned my GCE grades to UAI and I got 69 (I am not sure for the exact value)...Generally, I can get UWS offers if I only count A-levels...(as the minimum UAI is 60.00)..yet, my UAI may be even greater

That's Enough to admitt all courses in UWS.
THANKS FOR THE STORY! I SEE HOW IT IS IN RESPONSE TO THE OP AND RIGHT ON TOPIC!

THANKS!!!!!aa

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)