Can I/ Will people come to me for a tutor? (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
I was wanted ask what you guys think. I am not like other tutor thread, trying to get people to tutor. I just want to ask whether i am capable.
My 2008 HSC marks were:

3U-92
4U-83
chem-90
phys- 88
eco-89
Adv eng- 85

NSW UAI= 97.05

would people want tutoring from me?

joben

HSC
maybe for 3u. but there is lots of competition between tutors these days...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I was wanted ask what you guys think. I am not like other tutor thread, trying to get people to tutor. I just want to ask whether i am capable.
My 2008 HSC marks were:

3U-92
4U-83
chem-90
phys- 88
eco-89
Adv eng- 85

NSW UAI= 97.05

would people want tutoring from me?
Hypothetically - I would probably get you to tutor me in 2U maths and chemistry maybe.

N.B. I don't want to appear as if I'm bagging out your marks or anything - I mean your marks are awesome, I'd be ultra happy if I got a UAI like yours. But yeah the tutoring field is a LOT more competitive nowadays.

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
Like u said. I am probably just gonna do 2U, as i dont want to screw myself up in front of the people i tutor.
So do u reckon people would come for 2U tutor?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Yeah, you should be able to.
But you have to be flexible (like you might have to be willing to travel)
You should be good enough to teach 2U - I mean you've proved you have a strong understanding of Extension, which requires a strong background of 2U.
Lol I disagree

muscleman09

HSC
Well, put it this way, how can you integrate using substitution - if you can't integrate at all? How can you use implicit differentation or chain rule, if you can't differentiate? How can you do locus of parametrics if you don't understand the locus of a parabola?
+1

You just head shotted youngminii

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't let you tutor me for anything, not by anyone who scored in the 80s. You got good results though, I just wouldnt want to catch my tutor out on anything - that would be an instant fail for them...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
90+ is a possible tutoring position for most courses.

and i wouldn't get you for tutoring cause ur racist

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
U'll b fine tutoring 2U maths (or general?) If ur really worried, get practice with the university tutoring programs.

From personal experience, it is not about whether u have the marks. U just need 2 make sure that u can convey the knowledge well enough for ur student 2 understand. If u enjoyed the topic, and feel confident in explaining, the u'll b fine :)

dp624

HSC
depends on how well you teach as a person, your dedication, helpfulness, access to resources.
i mean, yeah, i'd go to you if you were bloody awesome in those aspects.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
its not just about your marks, alot of your ability to tutor has to do with your confidence.

If you feel confident with certain subjects, and think you could effectively assist students - then go for it.

kooltrainer

HSC
i think u are capable in tutoring.. those marks arent bad because we have to realise a majority of the marks that people post on the tutoring thread to recruit tutees are cropped..

with that said, u are at least honest..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)