Can religion and science be on the same side (1 Viewer)

fliick

HSC
N/A
woot >.<
If you don't label yourself as athiest what are you?
I'm so arrogant I can't categorise myself. I'd be a voyeur of nature.

(+) Ad infinitum, you're a failed science.

Last edited:

sam5

HSC
Atheists arent arrogant. Theyre just really frustrated that all the evidence lies against religion, yet people can still believe in it.

pman

Banned
HSC
I'm sorry but there is historical evidence (from non-christian sources) that jesus rose from the dead.....Very anti-christian scholars of the time actually state this in histories of the roma empire.....get back to you with some names, i can never remember them

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
can u plz tell me how the fuck evolution can happen in 6 days?

this immediately disproves what the bible is saying.

The bible is a book of lies, written by imaginative men who were helplessly searching for answers (and thus explains their imaginative ventures).

They are unreliable for information.

They were primative.

They knew very little.

They cannot be read from.

We cannot listen to them. Their theories are completely wrong.

Its just ashame that god will never be disproven, because he was created in the minds of imaginative, primative men.
its not a book of lies, its a book of stories. dont take the '6 days' literally to mean 6 days of 24 hrs as we see it. of course evolution wasnt in 6 literal days.

dan2452

HSC
The '6 days' is hypothetical, to make it easier to understand. I heard that it was changed, or there was a mistranslation from the old latin bible.

They teach science in catholic, and christian schools, and they even talk about the big bang theory, and evolution. So, no, I don't think that it is against science, but it used to be...

But even the big bang theory doesn't explain why we are here in the first place...

HSC
I think they can, however, it depends what your concept of 'God' is. People who believe literally in the anthropomorphic God in the Bible, as well as in the 7 days of Creation are obviously going to disagree with science entirely. However, I have come across many who believe that 'God' could be a much more fluid concept. Personally, I don't follow a specific religion, but I think that people have a right to seek meaning however they choose, as long as they don't impose it on others (which includes affect laws etc.) I am willing to accept that there may be a 'God' in the form of something that starting everything, but I disagree with the literal interpretation of the Biblical God.

madbee

HSC
I do not believe that we can ever know the 100% truth behind evolution or creation, to this day scientists have conflicted the work of the Urey/Miller experiment. No one can say who is right or wrong or stupid or messed up in regards to these issues. It is an independent choice on which no one has the right to criticize someone's beliefs.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is an independent choice on which no one has the right to criticize someone's beliefs.
What an incredibly frightening and dangerous proposition. No belief or opinion should ever be beyond criticism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)