Can someone check my responses from Text 1 to Text 3 (English Studies) (1 Viewer)

checkmyworkplease

HSC
]
Like this kid and me always are top in the class and there are these life skills kids who look at fucking TikTok and play fortnite together

checkmyworkplease

HSC
Okay I’m off I’m gonna study Maths cya y’all, take care of yourself, best of luck in the HSC

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Whats the highest ATAR for eng studies?
The highest ATAR achieved by a student who took English Studies in 2019 was 84.35, which is higher than the 2020 highest.

Solely taking English Studies does not prevent the student from achieving a high ATAR, provided they are doing their utmost to attain such a goal. However, it seems as though no student who took sat the English Studies Examination showed enough determination and effort in order to reach such an outcome.

Also, @checkmyworkplease, since you are taking 12 units, 4 of which are comprised of Category B subjects (English Studies and Mathematics Standard 1), I just thought I'd bring your attention to the fact that only one of English Studies or Mathematics Standard can count towards your ATAR, i.e. only 2 units of Category B subjects can count towards a student's ATAR.

Wizjaro

HSC
I didn't read everything but from the first page it looks aight. Would recommend using techniques for every example or quote you provide though.

checkmyworkplease

HSC
Oh fuck, so how would they choose which Category B would be used in my ATAR? The higher marked one?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh fuck, so how would they choose which Category B would be used in my ATAR? The higher marked one?
If you choose to sit the optional HSC exam for both English Studies and Mathematics Standard 1, then yes, the higher HSC mark of the two will contribute towards your ATAR.

HSC
Wouldn't only English Studies count because 2 units of ATAR have to be English? So Mathematics Standard 1 would never count to the ATAR

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't only English Studies count because 2 units of ATAR have to be English? So Mathematics Standard 1 would never count to the ATAR
That's correct, I have no idea how this escaped me haha. Mathematics Standard 1 will consequently not contribute towards the student's ATAR, because English Studies is prioritised and being a Category B course, it will be the only one that counts towards the student's ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)