• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can someone please mark these english essays? (1 Viewer)

e8zks

HSC
hi guys, i have uploaded two documents containing my friends and my essays for the english hsc coming up. please check and mark these essays? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US OUT
thanks
I had a quick skim, (Currently memorising my own, kms), They look good, high modality words, and nice array of quotes,
Are they meant to be generic, and r u planning on memorising them?

tish1105

HSC
I had a quick skim, (Currently memorising my own, kms), They look good, high modality words, and nice array of quotes,
Are they meant to be generic, and r u planning on memorising them?
oh great thanks! yes im planning on memorising
also which set of essays are you replying to?

e8zks

HSC
oh great thanks! yes im planning on memorising
also which set of essays are you replying to?
both, they look good.
How do u plan on memorising all of that in 2 days,3 for mod a,b and c.
Just curious cause I'm dying right now with memorising :)

tish1105

HSC
oh thanks
im walking around and reading them outloud and then after a few times i rmb them.

aqwerty13402

HSC
hi guys, i have uploaded two documents containing my friends and my essays for the english hsc coming up. please check and mark these essays? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP US OUT
thanks
From a very very brief skim, don't situate it entirely in the text. Especialy for common mod. You should be commenting on how Orwell's allegory reveals XYZ insight on the broader human experience. He does this THROUGH these decisions. So rather than cetnring your whole paragraph on how he shows it in the novel, you need to draw out the implications of these things for the broader human experience. Especially in your thesis etc. The chunk of ur paragraphs can remain the same, i would just tweak ur topic sentences on exam day to moreso reflect how THROUGH the microcosm of the party / oceanaia, orwell comments on the macrocosm (THE HUMAN EXPREINECE)

Does that make sense?

tish1105

HSC
From a very very brief skim, don't situate it entirely in the text. Especialy for common mod. You should be commenting on how Orwell's allegory reveals XYZ insight on the broader human experience. He does this THROUGH these decisions. So rather than cetnring your whole paragraph on how he shows it in the novel, you need to draw out the implications of these things for the broader human experience. Especially in your thesis etc. The chunk of ur paragraphs can remain the same, i would just tweak ur topic sentences on exam day to moreso reflect how THROUGH the microcosm of the party / oceanaia, orwell comments on the macrocosm (THE HUMAN EXPREINECE)

Does that make sense?
oh yes thank you so much that makes sense. Could you please check my second document which has my friend's essays,, you only need to check her narrative?

thanks

aqwerty13402

HSC
oh yes thank you so much that makes sense. Could you please check my second document which has my friend's essays,, you only need to check her narrative?

thanks
I think it reads well :) . I think Mod C is very hard for a student (me) to mark since its a bit more nuanced on what the markers look for depending on the day. But i think its nice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)