Can someone show me a sample TPC cert?? (1 Viewer)

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
Hi

I'm doing the TPC but am curious what the final certificates look like, how the modules are listed, etc etc.

Would somebody mind posting theirs (with private data/anything they dont want disclosed, blacked out) or posting a link to a sample certificate, if you know of any such links? I can't find one anywhere.

TAFE has only very briefly described how the grading works.. I'd really like to see a sample certificate so I know exactly what/how things are recorded.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
By certificate I'm assuming you mean the academic transcript with your marks, not the Mr Smith has completed his TPC certificate (I actually haven't picked up my certificate from TAFE yet, whoops). I don't have a scanner for the transcript but I can somewhat describe what it'll look like.

On your transcript you'll have your student details and the course name up the top. Next to the course name it will say whether further results are needed to complete the course or if you are "eligible to receive" the course (graduate). Then you'll have a list of subjects, what year they were completed, whether they're an A or B subject, your awarded (raw) mark out of 100 and if your mark is for a B subject, your scaled mark out of 100. Some subjects wont have percentage marks but will just have if you've received a distinction, credit, etc.

Your TES will be on the transcript on its own page. I also received a page with my transcript explaining my result and scaling.

Hope that helps, I know how frustrating it is not receiving much info about the results and scaling!

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
It's similiar to one shown below (different course name, graduates name and course numbers):

Source: Google images

I'm in the same boat as amber, I haven't yet visited the administration to pick mine up... Ah well, it's only been two years. :d

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Ahhh good idea Bacilli! *googles*

Here's what I tried to describe, only this transcript differs because it's a different course and stuff:

midnightmint

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys, that was very helpful. :)

So just to clarify - your mark in A level modules is definitely displayed on the transcript?

Also, is the compulsory computing A level module graded at all, or does everyone just get "Pass (Ungraded)"? Can someone tell me which other "compulsory" core modules are ungraded??

Basically I want to know if/which A level modules I don't have to care about getting a good mark in.. if it's not counted towards the TES and the mark or grade isnt shown on the cert, I wouldnt put in much effort, just make sure I pass..

I am thinking of using RPL for the compulsory computing subject, but would rather study it if my old mark (from 11 yrs ago!) is going to be used for the certificate (it was still 79% or something like that, in spreadsheets/Excel for example, but could prob do better now if i tried).

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
the a's are shown on the transcript however uac does not take note of them... they calculate your TES by combining the three highest scoring subjects, for e.g. say you earnt lals b = 90, chem = 90, bio = 80, math = 70, history = 75

lals b + chem + bio.... (90 + 90 + 80 = 260)
TES = 260....

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yep A's are displayed on the transcript, although they wont affect your TES. It's still a good idea to try as best you can though in them as the knowledge will set you up for your B's.

For the compulsory computing module, I got a distinction by advanced standing because I had done the same subject when I did my CGVE.

If you do Team Participation, that is a pass (ungraded) or fail. At my campus it was compulsory and if people failed it they couldn't graduate (I have no idea how some of my cohort failed it, but they were quite apathetic!)

I would apply for RPL for the computing because it's just an A. (Ahhh, the memories, my class rushing to complete an assignment in an hour because it was "just an A" and all our B's were due...) One of the ways that you can apply for RPL has an autotransfer of previously completed TAFE subject results that can be counted toward your new certificate...it comes in handy for knocking down elective hours :).

Bacilli, were you at Nepean for your TPC or elsewhere?

blerkles

HSC
N/A
but would rather study it if my old mark (from 11 yrs ago!)
Can I ask why the TPC?
  • Why not a uni based preparation course (if that's where you are headed)?
  • Or a relevant course at TAFE (Cert IV in Tourism will help you get into a Tourism degree plus give you some credits, no guarantees though)
  • Or do some distance ed subjects (including some prep ones there) through Open Uni - nothing like doing a uni course to prove you are capable of doing a uni course? (No entry requirements, can defer the fees sort of like HECS)
  • Have you tried getting in under a mature aged scheme? (don't get offended, some uni's class 20 year olds as mature aged)

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Nepean. I also completed the CGVE at TAFE :p.
Furthermore, in regards to the calculation of a Tertiary Entrance Score (TES), the way in which they compare the TES to the UAI is by dividing the TES by 3. For example Bill recieves a TES of 260, divide that by three and there's your EQ UAI.

260/3=86.7~

That EQ is calculated by UAC and passed on to the university of preference. Also I've heard rumors about unis adding browny points to those who are "mature age" students seeking admission with the TES. Not sure whether it's true however I myself recieved a TES of 272 and was offered a place in medical science at the University of Sydney... I believe MedSci at Usyd has a cutoff of 96 (not sure), so maybe the rumor is true.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I've also heard the brownie point rumours for mature age students and believe it's true. A classmate and I had the same course as our first preferences. I was 19, she was 21. My TES was 250, hers was 210. She was offered a place in the course, I wasn't. It really stung at the time, but I reevaluated and changed things around for the late round and now I couldn't be happier.

It's cool you were at Nepean though! Where are you at now?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I was studying at Usyd but had to drop towards the end of last year (health related). I have nothing to do ATM, except sit around and eat ahhhhhlolz. What I may do is enrol in TAFE now and apply to CSU next year, or mid-year if they offer the course I'm interested in. I have a high GPA so studying at TAFE isn't required however I don't enjoy sitting around doing nothing, and returning to university at this point is not what I want to do. Hmz. I'll go for a walk tomorrow to TAFE and speak with the TPC coordinator.
One subject is enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)