Can this happen... ? (1 Viewer)

Makdadddy

makdaddy.net
HSC
Say if someone doing 2unit mathematics wants to drop now/later to general. They have to do 1 or 2 tests while the other 50%+ is estimated from their test results... so my question is, can they just drop, get 95% in the test, and magically have a top 3 rank? Seems unfair for the rest but just wondering if this is how it's done.

Thanks

twistedrebel

HSC
I m guessing thats how it works? Probably depend on the head teacher etc

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
yer it may differ i think, depending on the course's head teacher......... unless there are some Board regulations that stipulate something other

but yes, it is entirely possible i think

i think

i think

3Gis2G

HSC
I'd really like to know the answer to this too... anybody know?

arcticdbk

HSC
N/A
Wait, what? Can a person drop to general maths like RIGHT NOW?

kyokaku92

HSC
Yea, this happens at my school. Some guys in my 2U class bombed epically in the half yearly and the head of maths department told them to drop to general where they'll do the term 2 and trial assessments and get an estimate for the rest (depending on their results)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wait, what? Can a person drop to general maths like RIGHT NOW?
You can drop to something 'lower' whenever you want. I dropped 3U English a few days before my HSC exam.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
But that's different because you already did Adv. English.

mellie.c

HSC
I doubt a person having difficulty in adv maths can score a 95 in a general exam with little study.
at the start of the year i dropped from adv and went and got 100% in my first general test...it was purely on trig so with the one topic it was scoring rather high marks all round...so it depends

generally the people that have dropped from adv are top of our general maths.

arcticdbk

HSC
N/A
You can drop to something 'lower' whenever you want. I dropped 3U English a few days before my HSC exam.
Yes, but general maths is an entirely different course to two unit. It'd mean you'd have to learn the entire prelim and hsc course in a short period of time.
On the other hand, 3U English is an extension subject that can be flicked off whenever.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
But that's different because you already did Adv. English.
Yes, but general maths is an entirely different course to two unit. It'd mean you'd have to learn the entire prelim and hsc course in a short period of time.
On the other hand, 3U English is an extension subject that can be flicked off whenever.
True - did not think of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)