Can you do one subject and change to another half way through the year? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm still having problems choosing between doing PDPHE and Modern history OR doing Ancient History and Modern History.

So can you do like PDHPE for a while and then if you don't like it change to Anicent History??

Hopefully you understand what I'm talking about, hahaha

THANKS

reps2g

HSC
Yes you can change in the first two weeks or so. In regards to PE or AH, which subject do you like more?

jnney

lemon
HSC
it's possible, but it all depends on how your timetables turn out. if you suddenly want to do ancient history but there are clashes etc. then it isnt possible unless you are willing to do it via distance education.

i changed 5 times in year 11 all the way up to week 6 or7. the deputy hates me.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Well it is year 11, if it's desperate they might let you, I think it depends on the school.
You might have a lot of work if you change half way through. Maybe ask the careers teacher or deputy, make a good excuse up or maybe try changing after 3-4 weeks if you can.

Good luck.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Our school allowed changes until the end of Term 1 I believe. Wanted to do Chemistry but I left it until the last minute to change and the head teacher was away...

HSC
Ok, I think they might let me change then hahaha.

Also I've already posted my troubles in another topic BUT I do really well in history, topped my year twice. I like PE practical but I don't think you do many pracs in Year 11 and 12.

I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can on this but is Ancient and Modern History too much of a workload? and is PE an easy subject?

jnney

lemon
HSC
Ok, I think they might let me change then hahaha.

Also I've already posted my troubles in another topic BUT I do really well in history, topped my year twice. I like PE practical but I don't think you do many pracs in Year 11 and 12.

I'm just trying to get as many opinions as I can on this but is Ancient and Modern History too much of a workload? and is PE an easy subject?
It's only 'too much workload' if you don't enjoy doing a subject. See how you feel about the ones you've already chosen for the time being before you think about changing.

-i dont do PE, but none of my friends who at my school have said anything about it being difficult.

-hold up. i've just re-read your question. most schools will not allow you to change half way through the year unless you get parent consent, plead about your passion for a subject and somehow prove that you are competent enough to catch up. even then they are highly likely to refuse it.

Last edited:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Basic rule of thumb:
You can usually only change between subs within the first 3 or 4 weeks (max.)!

Half way through the year is way too late...

delian

HSC
N/A
Do you enjoy history that much to do both Ancient and Modern?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)