Can you get a band six? (1 Viewer)

nayxx

HSC
I have always wondered. cos like do we get scaled down cos we do generall. You see the standard english where it is impossible to get a band six is that the same with us? I hope not. Sif i'd get it anyway but I'd like to think I actually have a chance.

xtremedude

awesome member
HSC
u dont get scaled as well but its still possible if you're super awesome, and you can get band 6 in standard english its just not as common as advanced:uhhuh:

Last edited:

jamesdean2120

HSC
yer you can, my teacher reckons i can get band 6...
and yer i know wat you mean about the band 6 in standard
noone student at pennant hills high has ever got a band 6 in english...

HSC
Correct Answer = The courses for General and Standard Math are completely different. Unlike in English where you compete against both Standard and Advanced people, in General Maths you only compete against those doing General maths. Therefore it is not only possible to get a band 6, but a certain amount of students MUST get scaled to a band 6 =D

So keep ur hopes up

PC

HSC
N/A
In General Maths, it is certainly possible to get Band 6, but it's very hard, around 2-4% of the candidature. Last year was 4.09%, about 1211 students.

The only other subject where it is harder to get Band 6, is indeed Standard English. Last year it was 0.07% of the candidature, that's about 22 students.

dazza 1

HSC
my teacher told me im in line for a band 6, after doing last years paper this morning i got about a 92, so i hopefully can do the same tomorrow

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
PC said:
In General Maths, it is certainly possible to get Band 6, but it's very hard, around 2-4% of the candidature. Last year was 4.09%, about 1211 students.

The only other subject where it is harder to get Band 6, is indeed Standard English. Last year it was 0.07% of the candidature, that's about 22 students.
haha oh dear and thats wat im aiming for....

getting band 6 in std eng is lyk gettin a 100UAI...onli 22 peopleish get it....mind u if u do standard its impossbible to get a 100 cuz ur capped

dmw28b

HSC
Hi guys,
does anyone know roughly what raw marks you need for a band 6?

zoeanne

HSC
haha yer you can get band 6 in maths... my teacher keeps tellin me i could... but i dont think its going to happen.. meh dont really care either so over the hsc...

anyways best be of and get ready for this stupid maths exam...
xx

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
dmw28b said:
Hi guys,
does anyone know roughly what raw marks you need for a band 6?
95-96.
It does get aligned down a bit so that would be about the level you need.

songs4thesadman

HSC
the raw mark you need to get to get a band six changes every year

the way it was explained to me is that if it was a really hard exam and the top mark anyone in the state got was 75% then they would scale all the marks up so that the raw mark you needed was only say 70% but it would appear as a 90% or something
whereas if it was a really easy exam and everyone got in the 80's-90's
then they would scale everyone down, and you would need to get a 97 or something to make it into a band six but it would only show up as a 90

but i really don't know, i gather its a pretty complicated process

eggy91

HSC
Yeah it's possible to get a band 6, not too hard either ( compared when trying to get a band 6 in english ). My teacher said i could get a band 6 but also warned me that it will be alot harder in year 12 then what it was in prelim

lolrofllol

HSC
Let's apply my prelim results hypothetically as HSC results.

Assuming that the whole candidature was the people doing the course (compulsory in my school).

If the prelim exam was my HSC and I got roughly 82% and this was the highest amongst the candidature with the average teetering around 55%, and i was also ranked first internally -- would this be aligned/scaled/whatevered to a band 6?

HSC
nayxx said:
I'd like to think I actually have a chance
You do.

PC said:
Yep.
Band 5: 19%
Band 4: 37%
Band 3: 25%
Band 2: 12%

Median HSC Mark: 72

Btw, where are you getting your stats?

FatJ said:
95-96.It does get aligned down a bit so that would be about the level you need.
Not that much, most subjects, even the 'easier' ones are usually aligned up. There have been no info released on the aligning of General.

lolrofllol said:
Let's apply my prelim results hypothetically as HSC results.

Assuming that the whole candidature was the people doing the course (compulsory in my school).

If the prelim exam was my HSC and I got roughly 82% and this was the highest amongst the candidature with the average teetering around 55%, and i was also ranked first internally -- would this be aligned/scaled/whatevered to a band 6?
I would give you a Band 6.

janetO

HSC
=O.. I was scared it was really really really hard to get a band 6 in general maths but there is hope!
I recently dropped down from 2unit and topped the class with a result of 95%.
The class average for prelim was 49% so i'm going to try to keep up with the good work and hopefully, get a band 6 in maths ><

shakky15

HSC
janetO said:
=O.. I was scared it was really really really hard to get a band 6 in general maths but there is hope!
I recently dropped down from 2unit and topped the class with a result of 95%.
The class average for prelim was 49% so i'm going to try to keep up with the good work and hopefully, get a band 6 in maths ><
lol i have a feeling your not very loved/welcome in the general class... taking over 1st place..

HSC
We had a MX1 guy who dropped to Gen, everyone loves him :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)