can you get kicked out? (1 Viewer)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
for being a dumbshit. no. they dont care. even if you fail 10 times, just re-enroll. tafe is for dumb cunts anyways

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yes, I have seen people kicked out of courses at TAFE for non attendence and basically fucking around. I haven't seen people kicked out for failing though, because they either keep paying to redo the course or drop out. In some courses if your attendence rate drops below 70% you fail the course. All centrelink receivers need to attend 70% of classes regardless of the course, from memory.

And no, TAFE isn't for "dumb cunts" (lovely language, btw). Among my cohort at TAFE, every uni applicant got their first UAC preference, with one student topping the state with a perfect TES of 300. Yeah sounds real dumb to me *eyeroll*

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
And no, TAFE isn't for "dumb cunts" (lovely language, btw). Among my cohort at TAFE, every uni applicant got their first UAC preference, with one student topping the state with a perfect TES of 300. Yeah sounds real dumb to me *eyeroll*
Did you drive an old Volvo to TAFE?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Well it would have been if you did. You see, couple years ago I attended the TPC with a girl who wanted to study Pyschology and another student scored a perfect 300TES.

How'd you find the transition from TAFE to UNI?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Yes, I have seen people kicked out of courses at TAFE for non attendence and basically fucking around. I haven't seen people kicked out for failing though, because they either keep paying to redo the course or drop out. In some courses if your attendence rate drops below 70% you fail the course. All centrelink receivers need to attend 70% of classes regardless of the course, from memory.

I'm not saying tafe is for dumb cunts or anything like that, but grades and university offers, and just being at uni, does not indicate any kind of intelligence (or lack of) either. It's not a very good argument to use if you ask me. :p

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ Regardless, the fact that they put in effort and made something of themselves doesn't really make them 'dumb cunts', does it?

Aw sorry Bacilli I took that the wrong way! I drive a Barina so it must be another girl, sorry. I found the transition smooth, only I had to get used to a bigger cohort :p

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
That's ok, no need for an apology. Considering you study at Penrith UWS i'll guess and say you studied the TPC at the Nepean college?

h3da

HSC
It depends on the tafe to be honest, say for Granville tafe they have a policy where if you don't get over 30% they will make you come back next semester to do the subject again whereas at tafe like blacktown they will allow you to do resits 3 times whereas Granville only allows one.. And if you don't attend classes you will miss assessments and fail. And if you fail a subject more than 3 times they will not allow you to repeat this subject at this tafe, thus have to change campus.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Ah I see.
Well I hope you go well in your studies.

Vespers

HSC
I'm not saying tafe is for dumb cunts or anything like that, but grades and university offers, and just being at uni, does not indicate any kind of intelligence (or lack of) either.
Of course grades indicate a kind of intelligence. You don't get a perfect UAI or TES without native intelligence. You just don't. Perhaps they're not the best indicators, but they certainly tell you something.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
but you are not an ELITE, TALENTED student.

i believe anyone who got 90 in the HSC can get HD's at tafe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)