Can you pass a final exam from just reading the lecture slides? (1 Viewer)

Larche

HSC
I have an exam coming up that's worth 56% of my final grade and I pretty much know NOTHING. Luckily, it is my only exam after stuvac so I have about 2 weeks to study for it and hopefully scrounge up a pass. Is it possible to pass from just reading the lecture slides?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If the lecture slides are what you're being tested on then yes

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the degree, if you're in engineering or something gg

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on the degree, if you're in engineering or something gg
Lulz. Time to change my study habits.

Also OP, if it's your only exam then you should be aiming for like a HD or something. Definitely something more than a pass. Some people have 2 weeks to study for 4 exams, and many of them will get D's/HD's. So if they can, I'm sure you can too.

engineering

HSC
N/A
For some people yes, for some people no.

Unfortunately no one on BOS knows anything about you to have any degree of certainty about which group you belong to.

If you changed your original question to "Is it possible to learn anything meaningful and retain it for a sufficient length of time to gain some from it (eg for a subject next semester or for your professional life) from just reading the lecture slides?" then the answer would be more skewed to zero.

Would you want a doctor operating on you / a lawyer representing you in court / an engineer building the bridge you drive across who passed his/her exams by only doing lecture slide reading in the week before the exam?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
For some people yes, for some people no.

Unfortunately no one on BOS knows anything about you to have any degree of certainty about which group you belong to.

If you changed your original question to "Is it possible to learn anything meaningful and retain it for a sufficient length of time to gain some from it (eg for a subject next semester or for your professional life) from just reading the lecture slides?" then the answer would be more skewed to zero.

Would you want a doctor operating on you / a lawyer representing you in court / an engineer building the bridge you drive across who passed his/her exams by only doing lecture slide reading in the week before the exam?
no but the reality is yes :haha:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Apart from being dependent on course/teacher/exam, at least in my experience it's definitely possible but it also assumes you listened/paid attention in lectures/tutorials. For me I remember/learn through stories/anecdotes so I benefit greatly when I hear them and sometimes looking at lecture slides, it helps jog my memory of these.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I f33l your pain. Exam's in 3 days and I just started on slide 1 of the first lecture :/

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I haven't even read half of my chemistry (advanced) lectures, but i'm pretty sure i'm getting atleast a D.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I have an exam coming up that's worth 56% of my final grade and I pretty much know NOTHING. Luckily, it is my only exam after stuvac so I have about 2 weeks to study for it and hopefully scrounge up a pass. Is it possible to pass from just reading the lecture slides?
Sounds like the physics exam that i'm going to study for like a day beforehand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)