• No

Votes: 46 62.2%

• Total voters

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
any one seen the movie.. 'the hurricane?'
that movie, coupled with the american uni students who had some ridiculous number of death row inmates exonerated with dna evidence, should be enough material to turn anyone off the death penalty. its a revolting concept.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
two wrongs dont make a right... by killing them you are giving them the easy way out..
let the fuckwits suffer i say!
tru dat.
just like ivan robert marko moron milat

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Originally posted by walla
that movie, coupled with the american uni students who had some ridiculous number of death row inmates exonerated with dna evidence, should be enough material to turn anyone off the death penalty. its a revolting concept.
i cryed.. its so sad

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
two wrongs dont make a right... by killing them you are giving them the easy way out..
let the fuckwits suffer i say!
Gotta remember the amount of money it takes to keep a prsioner in gail for 50 yrs, Most countires that have capital punishment, have it to save money, that they would rather use it on the sick and starving - food for thought

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
it still costs if they are gonna murder them.. and what if they were innocent

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Well think about this "would more people die because of captial punishment or because theres no capital punishment?" Think really hard before anwsering, Lots more innocents people die in wars - u have to weight the disadvantages against the advanatges!

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
Italian inmates ask for execution

Rome, May. 31, 2007 (CWNews.com) - Some 310 convicts serving life sentences in Italian prisons have joined in a message to President Giorgio Napolitano, requesting that that they be put to death.

"Mr. President, we are tired of dying little by little, day by day," the inmates wrote. "We want to die only once. Therefore we request the death penalty."

Italy has joined Germany in championing a proposal that the European Union has put before the UN, calling for a worldwide moratorium on capital punishment.

http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=51489
Seems like Capital Punishment is more humane than Life imprisonment.

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Maybe if we reformed the prison systems so they weren't so fucked up this would not be the case.
or maybe if they had not committed horrible crimes to warrant life sentence ;). its a punishment, btw, not a holiday.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

spiny norman

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
How can you accurately determine if someonce can ever be rehibilitated? Or even if they are guilty. There are many cases where people have been found to be wrongly convicted many years after they were sentanced for very serious crimes. Had the death penalty been used our country would have been responsible for killing innocent people.
Hell, the last case of the death penalty being utilised in this country was on a man who today we believe was probably innocent.

ccc123

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
I would rather live. There would always be hope of being released. I think the problem you have identified is one that I made earlier. The state of our prisons are unacceptable. I'm not saying make them luxurious or anything, but it is an abuse of human rights that so many inmates are beaten, raped and murdered.

So while you raise a valid point, the way to address it is prison reform, not capital punishment.
Hmm yeah, i suppose its a matter of personal opinion. Personally though, i agree with 'NicholasTribbia'- For me- It would be a relief; like emancipation, catharsis, redemption to be executed. I think it would be worse to live with a0 the knowlege that you were innocent or b) the guilt of commiting a crime. Either way, i reckon capital punishment is actually LESS inhumane then say, a life sentence.

Last edited:

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I've always thought that I would rather die than live my life in prison with no hope of getting out. Plus the fact that innocent people who have been convicted and have later been found not guilty can be let back out.

The system would have to be fixed though, as many people go into jail and come out worse than when they went in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)