Car Parking - contains ranting (1 Viewer)

n00dl3~danc3r

HSC
Car parking today at around 11 was woeful. I spent about 10 mins driving around the various carparks and saw the number of cars doing the same thing was getting larger. So i gave up and parked outside the uni. In future u think i will just do this straight away.

Im stil a little PISSED OFF as it seems to get worse every year yet the uni does NOTHING (is it perhaps a way to raise extra funds by then fining all those who park dodgily). Its not like there arnt fields and fields where temporary parking could be setup (perhaps a better way to spend $ instead of conducting audits into the unis art pieces).

meh.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I couldn't agree more with your rant, noodle. The parking situation at Macquarie is hopeless. Something needs to be done about it. The temporary parking situation is a good idea, but I think implementing it would mean putting up signage and so forth, and that means spending money in a useful way, so it won't happen.

It's really just a microcosm of Sydney as a whole. There is not enough parking in this whole damn city. And we all know that parking is like food, water, and shelter... it's a basic human right. As a citizen of this crappy city, I demand better.

As for parking strategy, mine is to stop and sit in my car listening to the radio until someone closeby leaves, I can't be bothered driving around in circles like a lab monkey trained to push a button.

CieL

HSC
Bah 10mins..

Just two days ago.. I arrived at 12pm to find a parking space to eat lunch with my friends before our tutes at 1pm.. 45mins was spent looking for a parking space..

Horrible.. I tried everything.. camping next to stairs, driving around, asking people, giving them dirties trying to get them to leave..

TWICE I have found someone getting into their car.. only to have the car behind me right up my ass, with several other cars behind them cos they cant see what's going on.. so 1. The person getting into their car cant reverse out; 2. I cant reverse back; 3. Forcing me to abandon my find because of some stupid fuck who cant drive.... did I mention I was indicating too?

My record was 1st sem last yr: 1hr..

Oh wait, more ranting!!

I was heading up from W2 into W1, and I was halfway up the ramp thing... and it was a one-way to turn left.. and some asian man cunt in a little black car zoomed in from the LEFT (which isnt permitted btw), cuts across the double white lines in the middle and comes inches from scraping my car.. If you're going to do the wrong thing, at least try to avoid any accidents..

ALLLICE

HSC
Oh man! and here I was thinking that driving to uni might be a good idea
I only live in epping anyway so meh...I'll just stick with buses :uhhuh: ...stinky public transport ftw! ...consider me one less person clogging up the carpark :p

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
ALLLICE said:
Oh man! and here I was thinking that driving to uni might be a good idea
I only live in epping anyway so meh...I'll just stick with buses :uhhuh: ...stinky public transport ftw! ...consider me one less person clogging up the carpark :p
You could always go for bikes or rollerblades :D

-P_D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
mq centre is equally bad...i was trying to park at mq centre and it took me more than half n hour to find a space (circling around the various poorly arranged car parks).

i've found parking at uni not to be too much hassle at all...its the traffic to and from that kills me

ALLLICE

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
You could always go for bikes or rollerblades :D

-P_D
LoL... on Epping Rd... that'd be hilarious...particularly with all the trucks and the MASSIVE hills. What's with ppl who ride bikes on Epping Rd anyway?? they seriously have a death wish.

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
yeah parking was horrible today. i spent 40 mins driving around with all of you before i gave up and went home

iwannarock

HSC
i drove to uni for 3 years.

now in 4th year i've decided to just get a lift in with my dad then public transport or get a lift with a friend home.

it saves on paying for parkiing, parking that you don't even get to use if you come at 11am or 12pm.

Kegs

HSC
Riding on epping road is a little scary. but you get used to it. A bicycle is really good, I normally beat the bus in if I bike it from my house, although I have to gun it to make it.

HSC
N/A
Ah, parking issues. In first year I had some 1pm and 2pm classes... the trick is to arrive 5 mins after the hour, when people are driving home. I could normally get a car park in 5-10 mins.

I wasn't a huge fan of it though, even if the drive to uni during midday meant skipping peak hour traffic (my other pet hate).

These days I refuse to have to deal with either - I leave the house at 6:30am!!!

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Since all my classes start in the morning, i've never had any problem with parking. However, these days i can't go to my car in between classes without being stalked by other drivers or being asked by 3235435 people whether i'm leaving or not. :eek:

X

xeuyrawp

I love it when you've spotted someone leaving, so you stop near them with your indicator on. Then you see someone trying to steal your spot. The best thing is always to wind your window down and give them the biggest, most sarcastic smile possible.

But yeah, things that have already been said:
- Wait near entrances to the carparks,
- be patient,
- ask people if they're leaving,
- give up early and go to Mac Centre if it's obviously not happening.

Something to add, which a lot of people don't remember:
- never follow another car. You will only ever get a park that's reasonably infront of you (can't go backwards, can't see behind you), so if you're behind someone, they'll take any spots. If you're in a massive queue, break off and move on.

dracover

HSC
or u could just get there a bit early =D

i know wen i have to go to 11am i turn up at 10.30 and theres plenty of spots its like 10.30 - 11 is wen the spots fill up like a certain stick-like object sticking into a certain tunnel-like object =D

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
dracover said:
or u could just get there a bit early =D

i know wen i have to go to 11am i turn up at 10.30 and theres plenty of spots its like 10.30 - 11 is wen the spots fill up like a certain stick-like object sticking into a certain tunnel-like object =D
What the hell are you on about?

CieL

HSC
^ NFI...

I also hate it when people park badly..

I arrived at the carpark thinking I must be hella lucky to get a parking spot straight away.... so I reversed in..... n all that time I'm thinking to myself, is this spot kinda tight or what.. got myself in, wound the window down and realised that I had about 3 inches on either side of my car.. like fuck I cant get out.. that was because those two people parked in a V shape.. fucking dodgy.. I had to move to find another spot..

^___^
HSC
CieL said:
^ NFI...

I also hate it when people park badly..

I arrived at the carpark thinking I must be hella lucky to get a parking spot straight away.... so I reversed in..... n all that time I'm thinking to myself, is this spot kinda tight or what.. got myself in, wound the window down and realised that I had about 3 inches on either side of my car.. like fuck I cant get out.. that was because those two people parked in a V shape.. fucking dodgy.. I had to move to find another spot..
next time, write "LEARN TO PARK, YOU ARE WASTING CAR SPOTS" on a piece of paper and leave it on the wind shield :D

X

xeuyrawp

... said:
next time, write "LEARN TO PARK, YOU ARE WASTING CAR SPOTS" on a piece of paper and leave it on the wind shield :D
Or just give their car a swift kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)