Career choices x_x (1 Viewer)

L3374

HSC
I have chosen a bunch of random subjects and i was just wondering what kind of career choices would suit me?

I hate maths btw. SO NOTHING MATHEMATICAL! Lol.

Art = pretty average, but only cuz i dont study and i'm a real perfectionist - so i have millions of unfinished works. im not sure where i stand, but i love drawing and painting and im really good. just slow =(
Geo = 2nd outta 16
Extension = 1st outta 5
Chemistry = 8th outta 16
Advanced = 1st outta 30
Modern = 3rd outta 25

Should i drop any?
and is there any one else with weird subject choices?
i'm better helping others than myself

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Physiology, but options are open depending on your final result.

Brontecat

HSC
judging by your subjects you sort of seem like you have analytic views and are interested in history so maybe you'd be interested in completing a Bachelor of Arts at uni (not sure where it leads, but coursewise seems to fit)

or maybe even a creative arts teacher either in secondary school or as a focus in primary school

i wouldnt stress just yet though, u've still got plenty of time to explore ur options :)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
ironic.
perfectionists are actually incompetent parasites who leech off the great creations of the mathematically talented scientists and engineers.

bachelor or arts = participation at uni
not much esle afterwards.

L3374

HSC
judging by your subjects you sort of seem like you have analytic views and are interested in history so maybe you'd be interested in completing a Bachelor of Arts at uni (not sure where it leads, but coursewise seems to fit)

or maybe even a creative arts teacher either in secondary school or as a focus in primary school

i wouldnt stress just yet though, u've still got plenty of time to explore ur options :)
well thing is, i'm also looking for something that isn't repetitive i/e teaching. i love kids and all but i can't handle another 6 year old me

but thanks really. :)

I stress wayyyy too much. it's horrible

L3374

HSC
ironic.
perfectionists are actually incompetent parasites who leech off the great creations of the mathematically talented scientists and engineers.

bachelor or arts = participation at uni
not much esle afterwards.
pardon my ignorance, but you're not insulting me right?
slightly confused.

xD

TheStallion

HSC
and i was just wondering what kind of career choices would suit me?
You don't suit the career, the career suits you. Pick a job and a degree that you enjoy, not something that you'll do based on school marks or whatever.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
ironic.
Scientists and engineers are, most often, perfectionists? From what I understand, a 'perfectionist' is a person who ensures everything they do is absolutely perfect. Scientists need to do that while conducting experiments. Mathematics... all calculations need to be exact so you get the fully correct answer. Engineers design things that rely on all other components to work, any flaws in design could cost them the designed object, their job or even a life (if it's something massive).

Apart from that, I completely agree with the bold bit :D

You don't suit the career, the career suits you. Pick a job and a degree that you enjoy, not something that you'll do based on school marks or whatever.
QFT. Whatever your skills and/or your interests, there's something for everyone. :sun:

absorber

HSC
pardon my ignorance, but you're not insulting me right?
slightly confused.

xD
He is, he enjoys stirring people from what I've seen. Arts sounds like a good idea though if you're not sure, alota options, though as for a career from an arts degree that might be more difficult to work out

Tangent

HSC
+1

and you dont have to stick with the same job forever, that would be kinda boring

look at some of the options open to you, think about you enjoy doing (because there is not much point doing a job you dont like) and also speak to your careers adviser.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
you have art, nursing, english teacher, historian, law, heaps of choices!

Tangent

HSC
note that uni isnt the only way to get into the profession you want, there are usually other ways like traineeships and the like

Tangent

HSC
hehehe, lots of people dont like maths. Our adv class this year is miniscule compared to our grade size

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)