Career for commmercial art? (1 Viewer)

dolis

HSC
Hi people,
Well, im 'at my wits end' trying to figure out what i should do if i want a to get a career in commercial art.

Do i do something like media studies? Do i take up graphic design courses? i really dont know...should i be going to uni or a private arts college or tafe or cofa?:confused:

fyi: i did pretty bad in my trials with the majority of my marks landing in the high 60's...i do adv eng, Gmath, Bio, Mod Hist, Vis Arts..the only subject i did alright in was art and although im applying for EAS i dont think it would help me that greatly.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this convo...feel free to move it.

chocolatecake

HSC
N/A
Hi Dolis,

Firstly, have you checked the UAC guide on what courses are offered? They are soo many courses out there. Go have a look and carefully read what's in the course.

I would say starting in a media related/communication degree should be the best way to go.
As for which uni/private college, tafe...I can't say which is good because I don't know. I have two cousins doing communication studies. One is at Uni of Western Syd doing B. Design (Communication Design)

another is at INSEARCH doing his diploma hopefully getting into B.Arts(Design) or B.Arts (Comm Studies) at UTS

So..yea I know those two courses are offered....
I also know UNSW has a few media courses... check that out at the UAC site.

Last edited:

sombrero

HSC
Looks like you're not getting into UTS :(

Insearch is good, its run by UTS so you get a feel of Uni life. However, its really expensive and you still aren't guaranteed a place in undergrad

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
B Creative Arts (Graphic Design) should be alright for commercial art. Perhaps try doubling it with a B (Media) or B (Communication).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)