Career (1 Viewer)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by connie
u serious? so i do arts for one year and then i want to combine it with law, they still look at my uai?

i thought they looked at your marks in the subject and you just have to get like a distinction average or something?
Originally posted by mememe
I heard it was 50% UAI and 50% grade average after one year of uni. I was planning on doing the same thing, do arts a USYD then change, but im worried i wont be able to transfer and ill be stuck with just arts!
This is my plan also, except at Newcastle uni, where the cut-off was like 94 for law
I'm almost certainly not gonna get 94, so i was gonna go business or arts or something then combine it with law a year later, but like mememe, i dont wanna get stuck with just arts or something heh
I dunno, i'll probably still take the risk, and vow to work my ass off in uni or something :p

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
Y DO PPL WANNA BE in the LAW INDUSTRY

its not exactly dat good, sure it pays well. but hard work and long hours and stress and u have to deal with alot of situations,

im not cut for it

connie

HSC
N/A
lol i jus love making arguments lol ....

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by hbk_ace
Y DO PPL WANNA BE in the LAW INDUSTRY

its not exactly dat good, sure it pays well. but hard work and long hours and stress and u have to deal with alot of situations,

im not cut for it
You don't have to be a lawyer
A Law degree means you can also be employed in business, ie 'upper management' (I'm just taking what Lazarus told me and claiming it as my own :p) and such
I'm not sure what else, but its definately not restricted to lawyering

Ringo

Originally posted by connie
lol i jus love making arguments lol ....
Connie you are the ultimate lawyer hahaah

just never be on defence counsel in Criminal matters PLEASE

adamj

I would have to agree with Connie, I love arguments. I would consider becomming a Constitutional Lawyer or a Crown Prosecutor. Connie, do you plan on becomming a Solicitor of Barrister?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I just love the whole atmosphere of courts, I quite often drop into the downing centre and sit in one cases, i find the whole process fascinating (last week the judge asked if I wanted to stay while they went through the process of choosing a jury and I got to sit up near the bar table while they did it cos they needed the public gallery for the jurors). I just find the whole legal system really interesting and stuff so I think it would be the area for me.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by adamj
Well you can do a Diploma in Law with 66UAI, allows you to become a lawyer
What uni is this, I might put it last on my list...

adamj

The Diploma in Law, it is not a uni course, but a course with the Attorney General's Department with the Law Extension Committee of the University of Sydney. You cannot apply through the UAC, you have to apply direct, when you get your results. Worth while if you can't get into the Bachelors.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
And what is the difference? Do you end up with the same qualifications? Where can i find info on this?

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Im an '04er and i am SOOO keen to get into law!!! I dunno if i'll get the right UAI, but if i get like low 90's ive got my bonus points to use in newie. I kno tho that if i dont get straight in i can do BA and transfer, or get a legal secretary's job n have them pay 4 it in a few yrs, OR i can give up on law and work at target 4 the rest of my life!!! (OR NOT!)
Actually...i kno this sounds very ambitious and damn silly...but i wanna work for the UN eventually (after iv'e tried my hand at Senior Council and Magistrate that is :D) So i may have to do politics @ Orimbah. Maybe i should just get thru this yr huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)