Careers hub (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm just wondering, does any one on here use it?

Has anyone seen any good jobs? I remember around easter time they were advertising for positions at the easter show. Maybe I'll apply then.

Oh, and do we find graduate jobs here when we graduate (if I graduate :p)

L

LaraB

yep i use it.. well not atm since i have a job... but have before

tehre's graduate ones there - you can use it after you graduate from what i understand...

but yeh - its really good , mainly because there's heaps of jobs there:p but alsobecause, as the employers know they're advertising on a uni careers page, they're likely to be more open to varied hours and all that kind of thing coz they understand you've got uni to do...

plus there are often particularly jobs aimed at people doing particular courses - so it makes applications heaps easier coz you know what they want:)

klh

HSC
i have used it, ive tried to use as many options as possible to find casual,holiday jobs and it does show alot of graduate jobs on their plus tips and like classess to ttend for interviews, the myers brigs type indicator tests [perosnality] and so on.

ive actually used and aplied but 1 place turned me down, 3 places have not answered and 1 place says theyll reply in late january...but thats me and i porbably applied late or I "dont fulfill requirements"...but grauduate jobs you find at this site and i reccomend also newspapapers, seek, that gradsonline place and anyone/organisation you know and apply.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
arghhhh!!!!! i can't find a job....they all want experienced ppl lol. but yeah, basically it's good, if you have "experience" in that field, or related.

klh

HSC
exactly what ive experienced as of late [the main reason i get rejections really]....grrrrrr. All i can say is persevere and you will achieve!

Good luck and Happy New YEar

= Jennifer =

HSC
yep i use it since they are aiming for uni students because sometimes when i use the other ones they say they didnt really want a uni student etc.

it's pretty good but really slow around this time since everyone is on holidays( the employers) and no new jobs have been put up for a while

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I was hoping to find some sort of tourism job, so I could get paid to do work experience. Cause its very un-motivating to do work experience and doing a hell of a lot of work and getting no money :(

I was also looking at what to do after I finish uni. I'm thinking of working full time and do a masters. Nerdy :p

Edit: For those job hunters I found this website, never heard of it. http://www.unimail.com.au/

Last edited:
L

LaraB

Cape said:
I was hoping to find some sort of tourism job, so I could get paid to do work experience. Cause its very un-motivating to do work experience and doing a hell of a lot of work and getting no money :(

I was also looking at what to do after I finish uni. I'm thinking of working full time and do a masters. Nerdy :p

Edit: For those job hunters I found this website, never heard of it. http://www.unimail.com.au/
lol don't complain:p - PLT for Law people is like that too:p - you get a basically full time job for a year at some places... don't get paid... so that leaves you NO time really to earn money but you gotta do the unpaid stuff to get teh qualifications you need so its shitty

be careful bout some of those generic "uni student" ad sites - apparentely there's been issues with some being fake and just trying to get your details n stuff so make sure you check it out 1st:)

klh

HSC
I see...pay is better ofcourse, btu what counts as a tourism job than?
I mean what if a retail shop selling souvenirs? ok lame attempt...I dunno...have you asked your coordinaters abotu tourism jobs or go to centrelink? that job search site is really good, that https://jobsearch.gov.au/Login/Login.aspx?WHCode=0&TextOnly=0 is bascially what centrelink shows on its screens but for most of them, you need a jobseeker id for them.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Anything better than bush regeneration and zoo keeping :p

I dunno, I'll just have to keep my eye out for something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)