Carnivêle (1 Viewer)

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
Carniv*le

theres a new mini-series starting on ABC this sunday called Carnivale that is well worth checking out.

Carniv*le follows the travels of a roving carnival during the 1930's Dust Bowl. This group of odd characters pick up a mysterious young man who becomes the focus in a battle between good and evil.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
excellent thanks for the reminder, i saw the thread topic and had a "crap!" moment thinking it had already been on. i'll be sure to tape it while i'm at work!

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
bugger, i forgot to set the tape before work. grrrrr. ladies and gentlemen, i am a dumbarse through and through!

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It was kinda cool, but I've heard that it's actually a series, not just a mini-series, and that sucks. I hate shows that have such a clear story that then have to be stretched out into a years-long series. I can see a similar thing happening with Lost - there's obviously a point where they're going to have to explain it all (otherwise people will lose interest), but what happens after that.

But yeah, the first two episodes were pretty great, and it's good to see TV that doesn't care about showing some dirt.

Michiru

HSC
I've watched all the episodes shown on ABC so far...and loving it.

Except it's getting a little confusing. I can't seem to draw out the underlying meaning of it all, you know, the metaphors, analogies, allusions etc.
i expect that there will be some, since its from the same creators of Angles in America, and that one was jam packed with those stuff

on another note, did the episode where they go to Babylon and Dora Mae gets killed. Did that, by any chance, give anyone nightmares....or is that just me being a chicken?

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I'm kinda confused myself - it's being set up to be some big battle between good and evil or whatever, but I'm not too sure who's good and who's evil. I mean, Brother Justin has always claimed to be doing God's Work, yet he's preaching the whole fires and brimstone, blood sacrifice thing, while Ben has to kill stuff and is surrounded by evil (in the Christian sense). It's all pretty convoluted, but in a damn good way. Can't wait for the finale this weekend.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Hmm, I have never heard of this show. I might have to download a few episodes and check it out:).

Michiru

HSC
I'm kinda confused myself - it's being set up to be some big battle between good and evil or whatever, but I'm not too sure who's good and who's evil. I mean, Brother Justin has always claimed to be doing God's Work, yet he's preaching the whole fires and brimstone, blood sacrifice thing, while Ben has to kill stuff and is surrounded by evil (in the Christian sense). It's all pretty convoluted, but in a damn good way. Can't wait for the finale this weekend.
i was reading something in the smh few weeks/months (cant remember when) ago, and it was hinting that the good may not ACTUALLY be the good, and the bad not actually bad. in other words, not everything is as it seems on the surface. it was also suggesting something about how the carnies are actually angles in disguise...

so far, i haven't really identified any angelic elements in the carnies except for Lodz, (but he let me down big time when the started bashing Lila in the episode after the Bablyon one), and the lady who doesnt talk

HSC
I've only seen one episode of this and thought it was really interesting, and a welcome change from average programming. I have a bit of trouble following some of it, but I think that was because the episode I saw was part way through. Had some difficulty telling which bits were references to earlier episodes that I'd missed, and which bits were to do with things that hadn't yet been made clear to the viewer :)

I think I'll be getting the boxed set of the first season to check it all out properly, seeing as I've missed so many episodes. The vast majority of the reviews I've seen have pretty good things to say about it all, and I like what I've seen so far, so it seems it'd be worthwhile :)

tabularasa

HSC
I loved the dora may episode. I thought that the scene where samason sees her thorough the window is one of the most heart wrching scenes of all time.

There is a second season showing in the US so i doubt that we will see a conclusion yet.

Comrade nathan

HSC
This show is wierd in that it seems to move very slow but you miss like 30 minutes and you can be completly lost.

It is a very good show, i like these type about good v evil, god blessed v the wretched. I will indeed watch this series all the way throuh which is rare for me as only a few shows capture my attention.

tabularasa

HSC
YEahb the show is pretty slow i mean it takes a while for anythign good to happen but the last 30 secs usally makes me watch next week.

Michiru

HSC
yep i totally agree
the show may seem to move really slow, but at the same time, it still has the capacity to capture my attention.

There is a second season showing in the US so i doubt that we will see a conclusion yet.
I thought that there were only 6 episodes or is there more?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Michiru said:
I thought that there were only 6 episodes or is there more?
Are you talking about the first season? If so, there are twelve episodes in the first season:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)