Carpooling/Transport (1 Viewer)

Fungrys

*lookin for wgong maccas*
HSC
Just wondering how many people are doing it... WOuld be a good idea I spose, helps save money, and more of a convenience.

I'm driving from Campbelltown, which isnt TOO bad, but is still a bit long. I'm thinking of getting the bus on some days, which leaves from the station... takes like an hour tho.

Just driving back from enrolment tho, felt so tired... Gotta try not to sleep on Appin Road ... :( :rolleyes:

Whats everyone else doing? :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Will probably catch the train from Sutho, petrol is costing wayyy too much

suz

HSC
yere i'm car pooling witha friend twice a week, we both live in the st george area
the other 2 days i gotta drive myself :(
the cost of petrol sux!!!!
but I ain't catchin a train lol

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Fungrys said:
Just wondering how many people are doing it... WOuld be a good idea I spose, helps save money, and more of a convenience.

I'm driving from Campbelltown, which isnt TOO bad, but is still a bit long. I'm thinking of getting the bus on some days, which leaves from the station... takes like an hour tho.

Just driving back from enrolment tho, felt so tired... Gotta try not to sleep on Appin Road ... :( :rolleyes:

Whats everyone else doing? :)
What days and times are you going to and from UOW, because I could do that, I'm driving from just outside Campbelltown myself.

DooGseY

HSC
Catching the bus from Campbelltown might be a good idea, but probably only worth it if you can fit the bus scheduele in with your timetable, or if you plan on staying at uni/gong for a few more hours to do stuff. I caught the bus yesterday, and the only times in the afternoon were 12:40 and 5:35 :/
Luckily I was able to make the 12:40 bus, otherwise I would have been stuck there with nothing to do for 5 hours ._.

Times are here if you want to look them over, otherwise driving/pooling seems like the best option.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
The bus sucks because it's not frequent enough to fit in well with your timetable. But I prefer driving anyway.

santaslayer

HSC
If you call a guy by the name of *Pudgedog*, a BoS forum member, he might be able to help you out. He drives two other friends to Ingleburn...that's close enough....i think...:p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Pudgedog is Ingleburn wheras I'm from Wedderburn... so people do exist to try and organise some sort of carpooling.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Just thought I'd revive this thread because I'm bored and this is relevant.

I'm driving from Liverpool (well surrounding suburbs anyway) and carpooling seems a viable option although so far I'm the only one I know that actually drives *laughs at aLeeOh!*

I drive through Campbelltown though and Narellan Road is such a bitch - at anytime of the day, honestly. However, once on Appin Road the drive is nice and seemingly short.

Wondering if anyone takes Picton Road instead of Appin?

DooGseY

HSC
pam17 said:
Wondering if anyone takes Picton Road instead of Appin?
I live in Douglas Park, which is in between Appin and Picton, and the road I take leads onto the way from Picton turnoff. It's just under 40kms, no lights, and only 2 roundabouts :)

Mannix

HSC
I go down old illawarra road (through menai) and down the highway.

anyone do that?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
One of my friends lives in Campbelltown and he says it takes him thirty minutes to get from Campbelltown to uni. While I'm sure some of you will disagree, it gives a basic guestimate that travelling to uni isn't that hard. A great deal of people travel quite far to get there everyday, so don't worry if too much.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
poloktim said:
One of my friends lives in Campbelltown and he says it takes him thirty minutes to get from Campbelltown to uni. While I'm sure some of you will disagree, it gives a basic guestimate that travelling to uni isn't that hard. A great deal of people travel quite far to get there everyday, so don't worry if too much.
No way is it 30min, it's more like 45-50, unless your friend lives in Appin which 30 would be about right.

And Doogsey, I usually take Appin Road on the way to Uni and Picton Road/Freeway on the way home. Nothing beats an empty freeway because you're travelling against traffic :D

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Will probably catch the train from Sutho, petrol is costing wayyy too much
It sounds pretty much like my plan. It costs too much to drive the Falcon to the 'gong and back.

It's a pity the trains only come every hour. Knowing my luck, I'll end up at the North Wollongong station minutes after a train has just left.

Last edited:

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
pam17 said:
Just thought I'd revive this thread because I'm bored and this is relevant.

I'm driving from Liverpool (well surrounding suburbs anyway) and carpooling seems a viable option although so far I'm the only one I know that actually drives *laughs at aLeeOh!*
*shakes fist at pam* hahaha. how weird was that eh?? we just found out not too long ago that we only live a couple of streets away from each other.
i would offer lifts and drive... if only i could. and even then, none of my parents or friends trust me.
im asian and im a girl.
i was doomed from the start.

Raiks said:
No way is it 30min, it's more like 45-50, unless your friend lives in Appin which 30 would be about right.
haha. my friend lives in campbelltown and reackons its only 30mins as well.... but that just shows what kind of driver he is.

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Raiks said:

And Doogsey, I usually take Appin Road on the way to Uni and Picton Road/Freeway on the way home. Nothing beats an empty freeway because you're travelling against traffic :D
It's definately not 30mins. It's almost an hour from Liverpool - takes about 30mins to get to Appin Rd cause of the traffic on Narellan.

Don't worry alice...your time will come. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)