• What's an AXA?

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Manual cars are depreciating a fair bit too now, aren't they

VX1-08U

Manual cars generally ain't depreciating, however it depends on the car and how popular they are. Sports cars in manual are generally more expensive than auto models. Also as most cars are auto, manuals are somewhat considered rare and as such hold their price reasonably well considering they are $2000 less when new.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Originally posted by babyslug
Hey i'm the only female manual driver so far. What's going on, girls?
I am a female manual driver as well, so ur not the only one. Manual is soooooooooo much better than auto ... the cars are cheaper :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by VX1-08U
Manual cars generally ain't depreciating, however it depends on the car and how popular they are. Sports cars in manual are generally more expensive than auto models. Also as most cars are auto, manuals are somewhat considered rare and as such hold their price reasonably well considering they are $2000 less when new.

Luxury or prestige manufacturers often don't offer a H-manual option anymore :( It's tiptronic if anything.

Somewhere (US i think) they make (ie new) autos cheaper than manuals. It makes sense, but I hate the idea.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Ferrari & all those expensive Italian sports cars are manual!!! And I want those cars :D

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i really like stretching my gears. I get in trouble for it though. But i stretch my gears HEAPS when i'm riding my bike.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
female, manual

lol, in my year, all the girls drove manuals, and all but half a dozen or so of the guys drove autos. queer.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I think stick is sexier if you're a girl. The appeal wouldn't really be there if you were a bloke though.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah true. But I don't see why people find sex appeal in machines, or their manipulation. Swords own cars in sexiness. :D

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i can work powertools? oh and i ride a motorcycle.
As for swords? hmm, i have knives?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I have knives too. But in a hypothetical situation, if I were sexy and were holding a sword with one of those face+stance packages (you never get one without the other), my sexiness would exponentially increase relative to any of the following:

a) length of coat (a la Neo)
b) length or apparrent "coolness" of weapon
c) intensity of stance/expression

The maths of sex appeal! :D

Alas, there's another problem. Sex appeal is affected by multiplicity, and anything times zero is still zero. So no matter how good I am with a sword... :(

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
mmmm.. i like Prelude's and Integra's..

i drive a manual and my gender is male

Originally posted by VX1-08U
Are here people driving manual for performance (oppose to a laggy auto box) or because it is cheaper?
one of the reasons.. i can flog my car (manual) but if i have the foot to the floor on my mums subaru (auto) it cuts out and kinda goes neutral until the revs lower..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)