• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
i'd take the gtr over the c63 since i am a jdm fan and launch control ftw, and u have to remember that the merc is a c class and so the interior is a bit tacky imo for a car of such value

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
just get a hsv for a fraction of the price
I'd rather have haemorrhoids.

EDIT: I'll qualify the statement by saying that I definitely prefer the FG FPVs and any Mustang. Even then M3/M4/C63 will win over those as well.

Last edited:

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
lol can i ask why such the great hate against australian/us cars?
I actually really like American muscle (my favourite muscle car being the Superbird and my favourite sportscar being the '63 Vette split window) and even then I think HSV is overstyled. If they took the ridiculousness down a notch I'd would seriously consider ownership. For example, I'm really not a fan of the bumpers in a current gen HSV whereas I quite liked the original series VE HSVs.

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
I actually really like American muscle and even then I think HSV is overstyled. If they took the ridiculousness down a notch I'd would seriously consider ownership.
what about a tuned ssv then?

astroman

HSC
The cost would be so prohibitive that I may as well buy an M3/C63!!!
haha lol this is going in circles lol, well i would probs get a m235i for hsv money, looks better imho, more mature and german reliability

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
haha lol this is going in circles lol, well i would probs get a m235i for hsv money, looks better imho, more mature and german reliability
Exactly haha, I've thought about this stuff long and hard...and bought a Subaru lol. At the end of the day, if I wanted a true supersaloon in that sort of performance class my preference would be the E92/F30 M3/M4. They do what I want them to do and I wouldn't mind paying for the privilege. As much as I do love muscle cars (used to race them in fact), they're simply a little too blunt for the type of driving I enjoy. Horses for courses, I love cornering more than straight line speed :)

@Astro What do you make of the 1M?

astroman

HSC
mmhm not really sure, it went out of production so maybe something wasn't right?? But imo, the numbers look good on paper, and overall the car is great, but i'd rather spend my cash on a brand new m235i or just save for a m3

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
mmhm not really sure, it went out of production so maybe something wasn't right?? But imo, the numbers look good on paper, and overall the car is great, but i'd rather spend my cash on a brand new m235i or just save for a m3
It went out of production because it was brought in super late in the original 1 series product cycle and was phased out pretty quickly. The M235i is supposed to be softer but a little quicker overall. :)

astroman

HSC
It went out of production because it was brought in super late in the original 1 series product cycle and was phased out pretty quickly. The M235i is supposed to be softer but a little quicker overall. :)
haha 'softer' i guess with some tuning and mods it could be made more 'M'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)