CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Re: Cars

Definitely yay, good looking car besides the front (which im sure will be toned down on production models)

JZA80 wasnt the only Supra anyway, only narrow minded bandwagoners would think like that.
i don't think there will be a next gen supra. IIRC toyota was originally supposed to trademark something to the with the 'supra' i think it was the name in 2010 and they had 2 years to release a car called supra otherwise it wouldn't happen. They released the 86 and sales were good so i think they will put their efforts into that more rather than releasing a whole new car.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Definitely yay, good looking car besides the front (which im sure will be toned down on production models)

JZA80 wasnt the only Supra anyway, only narrow minded bandwagoners would think like that.
Wasn't on fast and furious, all the kids wouldn't believe this is a supra

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

holy shit $3300 each!??
That'd be for a set. The TE37s are high quality, light, single piece forged wheels, can probably get a set of rota grids or other te reps for a bit over 1k but they are mostly for looks and dont really have most of the other things going for them. (I doubt the quality of Rotas is as bad as people online make them out to be, i'd say they are just as good if not better than all the wheels sold at the big chain shops)

astroman

HSC

That'd be for a set. The TE37s are high quality, light, single piece forged wheels, can probably get a set of rota grids or other te reps for a bit over 1k but they are mostly for looks and dont really have most of the other things going for them. (I doubt the quality of Rotas is as bad as people online make them out to be, i'd say they are just as good if not better than all the wheels sold at the big chain shops)
do wheels provide any physical changes to the drivability of the car apart from possible weight reduction?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I havent really looked into the theory of it, but it's also rotating mass you are reducing when you have lighter wheels which is equivalent to removing a fair bit more weight elsewhere.

But I suspect that is largely academic when talking about street cars or cars that are only sometimes tracked.

astroman

HSC

I havent really looked into the theory of it, but it's also rotating mass you are reducing when you have lighter wheels which is equivalent to removing a fair bit more weight elsewhere.

But I suspect that is largely academic when talking about street cars or cars that are only sometimes tracked.
maybe some might improve aerodynamics?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

do wheels provide any physical changes to the drivability of the car apart from possible weight reduction?
Yeah, unsprung weight makes a difference to the handling dynamics. This is something you'd only notice on a racetrack though,

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah, unsprung weight makes a difference to the handling dynamics. This is something you'd only notice on a racetrack though,
I find them noticeable driving 8/10ths on a good road or doing an emergency stop. I reckon lightweight forged wheels are worth it for any car you care about the dynamics of.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

It's actually a really good adaptation of the anime/manga. I liked the Wangan Midnight anime too, short since it was essentially an Initial D filler but I probably prefer since the S30 Z is one of my favourite cars and I rate the 964/RUF Yellow Bird and most the other cars in the show highly too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)