Cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

N@TE_DoGg

HSC
Ive got a 75 toyota celica its a preatty good car i like that 180 sx and the Bmw

SextAudi

SipSip said:
A4's are crap...no offence man...but i tried the new 1.8T and it wasn't really an exciting drive....luxury maybe...but not at all exciting....if you want luxury...then i guess the audi is decent...and it's a chic magnet too...girls think you're loaded...but if you're looking for an exciting drive...jap cars are the way to go....unless you can afford an M3 or any amg stuff...

Riiiight, because you can tell about the excitement of a car by driving on city street. Or do you classify exciting when a car goes hard in a straight line ?

By the way, the 1.8TQ can keep up if not beat a lot of jap cars through twisties ( exclude Type-R and other super performers), traction is a wonderful thing. When you consider that this is a heavy luxury car then it actually matters somewhat.

I'd rather performance and luxury over just performance any day, wouldn't you ?

I'm not doubting that japanese cars are good value for money, but when you let out senseless comments out of your mouth then you just start to look ridiculous.

BTW JES:77A, your plate is familiar i'm pretty sure i have seen yuo driving around and stuff.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
SextAudi said:
Riiiight, because you can tell about the excitement of a car by driving on city street. Or do you classify exciting when a car goes hard in a straight line ?

By the way, the 1.8TQ can keep up if not beat a lot of jap cars through twisties ( exclude Type-R and other super performers), traction is a wonderful thing. When you consider that this is a heavy luxury car then it actually matters somewhat.

I'd rather performance and luxury over just performance any day, wouldn't you ?

I'm not doubting that japanese cars are good value for money, but when you let out senseless comments out of your mouth then you just start to look ridiculous.

BTW JES:77A, your plate is familiar i'm pretty sure i have seen yuo driving around and stuff.

Huh!? city streets?? that's no way to test a car! I had the luxury of trying the audi along fox valley...got to push it pretty hard...Audi's don't offer much feedback on the steering when you corner...and anyway...it's pretty bad either in straight line or bends...i admit this quattro thing is somewhat good...but it lacks what is known as rawness...

Btw...if you think type-R's are already hard core...try going against GT-R's, M3's and STi's....type-R's are mild...and if an audi can't beat that...then i guess you're assuming you're talking about it being able to beat a camry...yes...i admit...audi's can beat camry's...and echos too!! ^^

Depends what you do everyday really, if you consider 80 in a 60 zone is already speeding...then yes...luxury and mild performance is needed...but if you want to really drive...then i wouldn't choose an audi...it's been known as a fact that their steering don't offer enough feel...unlike a lot of jap cars...I've also had the luxury of owning euro cars as well...but the reason for the change back to jap is because i'm not a badge chaser...

Take the liberty GT for example...i don't think an 1.8TQ would have much of a chance given the same driver skills...and yet...it's luxury and safety is beyond that of the audi...

SextAudi

LOL you're comparing M3s and GTRs against a 1.8TQ ? Why not compare oranges to oranges. The S4 will put the M3 away, though not by much - don't agree ? Two major independent ( although there have been aligations ) car magazines put the S4 slightly ahead of the M3. In terms of performance, ofcourse the GTR can put the S4 away, that is why they called it Godzilla.

Type-R's are mild ? Considering that they are FWD and NA and would probably put a lot of turbocharged cars to shame on an actual track is beyond mild. They are a cult car, comparing them to the calibre of GT-R's is just stupid.

Oh by the way, you really should work for Motor. I can already picture the reviews.

'The car is crap because i said so. I am right because i watched Fast & Furious. Go out and buy a GTR'

Get a clue man.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
SextAudi said:
LOL you're comparing M3s and GTRs against a 1.8TQ ? Why not compare oranges to oranges. The S4 will put the M3 away, though not by much - don't agree ? Two major independent ( although there have been aligations ) car magazines put the S4 slightly ahead of the M3. In terms of performance, ofcourse the GTR can put the S4 away, that is why they called it Godzilla.

Type-R's are mild ? Considering that they are FWD and NA and would probably put a lot of turbocharged cars to shame on an actual track is beyond mild. They are a cult car, comparing them to the calibre of GT-R's is just stupid.

Oh by the way, you really should work for Motor. I can already picture the reviews.

'The car is crap because i said so. I am right because i watched Fast & Furious. Go out and buy a GTR'

Get a clue man.

If an audi 1.8TQ is not good enough to beat even a type R...why buy it....it's for badge followers...just like every other person that buys the 2.0 version...

By no means would i ever want a GT-R...do you know how damn hard it is to control such a big vehicle around tight corners....just recently tried the R33 version...no good...
You must be clear with your Type-R vs turbocharged cars thing...a lot of luxury cars are turbocharged...why not compare it to a saab...you must compare it to a turbocharged sports car...hmm...like the mx-5...which is awesome and very quick around corners mind you...heck...even a volvo T5 can beat a type-R...

You seem to be a big audi fan...i respect that...but if you compared the sales of the S4 and the M3....i think you'll know which one is the preferred one...and better to drive..

Why should i ever wanna be a MOTOR writer...instead of only being able to test cars...why not own them...

Go out of that little audi world of yours and try different cars...audi's aren't the best out there...if i wanted a european...BMW's are the way to go.... ;)

(this is becoming a very heated discussion.... ^^)

SextAudi

I give credit where it is due. I have never said that Audi's are the best cars out there, i defended them while backing up with information. Not once have i said that a car is shit or not.

But you see, you put down cars without giving sufficient reason.

Oh btw, the M3 is much too rugged to be driven on the street and is designed for track. The S4 is the better driver in day to day conditions - roughly quoted from Motor ( or Wheels can't remember). so there goes your better drive theory.

BMW's are the way to go....
Cool man, you have convinced me. i shall go out an M3 because it is a better drive. Cheers.

green heaven

HSC
hey there,
i own a purple 1972 leyland mini which is just going thru modification stages, noting over the top just a bored 1100 motor reconditioned, sss carbies,extractors, new gear shaft and gear box, wood grain dash, aftermarket spedometer, reitrimed interior and a respray.
ive got as far as buying the engine and a sound system n also setting up some extractors an finding a new gear box.

Last edited:

lengstar

HSC
i just read that the 206kw cap for jap cars is being removed. expect japan to release some powerful engines. i'm waiting for the new supra.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
SextAudi said:
But you see, you put down cars without giving sufficient reason.
I put down cars because i've driven them....not only for testdrives but friends and i swap cars every now and then...

anyway...206kw limit? are you serious?

I had no idea that they were planning to release a new supra....funny thing is....toyota doesn't have any cars to go against evo's and sti's....

lengstar

HSC
i know, its such a pity. the corolla can't match them i rallies which is one of the only things i enjoy watching. the celica has gone so far down hill and the mrs is just a pitiful sight these days. i want a third force in ford vs holdern thing cause it gets boring with only two teams. i love the new evo, i'm not to fond of wrxs but so far the new ones alright. i really like the liberty though.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lengstar said:
i just read that the 206kw cap for jap cars is being removed. expect japan to release some powerful engines. i'm waiting for the new supra.
ahh the new supra, its been a long wait...apparently they scrapped the idea, but other places ive read htere is gonna b a new one, who knows...lets hope they do eventualy make one :D

Last edited:

SextAudi

green heaven said:
hey there,
i own a purple 1972 leyland mini which is just going thru modification stages, noting over the top just a bored 1100 motor reconditioned, sss carbies,extractors, new gear shaft and gear box, wood grain dash, aftermarket spedometer, reitrimed interior and a respray.
ive got as far as buying the engine and a sound system n also setting up some extractors an finding a new gear box.

Word to restorations. Are the parts hard to track down ? I'd so buy one if i wasn't 6"7'.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
Yeah I heard they scrapped the new Supra also, and apparently they are planning to scrap the Celica, cause i read somewhere that they are not exporting the Celica to America from 2006 onwards. I think most of the Jap car companys are over the whole performance sports car thing, because it costs too much money for it to be a profitable venture.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04287/394587.stm

Ezzmaye

HSC
N/A
My car is a 1996 Holden Astra City...it sounds so sweet...it's maroon and it rocks!!! I just love cars!!!!

green heaven

HSC
SextAudi said:
Word to restorations. Are the parts hard to track down ? I'd so buy one if i wasn't 6"7'.

yes, not really really hard but it took me bout 2 years to find sufficeint sources of mini parts, youve got to invesigate alot into the parts place like not just places that just ave one of parts, dont worry bout height dude! (comin from a person whos only 5"11 :D) cause me brother is bout 6"4 n his friend whos like 7"0 fitted into it perfect cause the minis are quite big inside just u can only fit 2 people in the car the back seats for puttin stuff.

Last edited:

green heaven

HSC
bout $3500 for a decent one, ther good on fuel economy to i spend bout $20 every fortnight to fill the tank up (cause it getz to half way on the fuel gauge so i put $10 in it which lasts a week, so i know i got a full tank if anytin comes up)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)