Case Study (1 Viewer)

Rocket Man

HSC
I was absent on the lesson my class did a case study of Poland and I haven't looked into it since. Would it be advisable for me to know one seeing there is not much time left and i have one day to study? Or do they come up in the essay questions which I can just skip?

In addition I reckon I have enough general knowledge of a few countries to bs for like 2 marks in short answer or a multiple choice question

Last edited:

bmn

HSC
If I'm not mistaken, they only come up in essays?

Usually, there would be an option of 2... But theres also a chance that both options would require you to use a case study, there'd be only one option, or the other question is very hard.

In short, know one - it doesn't have to be Poland, theres plenty flying around. You could risk it without one, but it wouldn't take long to learn 1.

Rocket Man

HSC
ok good thanks you saved me study time I don't think I will bother now :)

~caramello~

HSC
I was absent on the lesson my class did a case study of Poland and I haven't looked into it since. Would it be advisable for me to know one seeing there is not much time left and i have one day to study? Or do they come up in the essay questions which I can just skip?

In addition I reckon I have enough general knowledge of a few countries to bs for like 2 marks in short answer or a multiple choice question
It actually came up in short answer in one of the years I think. So i wouldn't risk it.

EDIT: yep. Actually came up last year. So i don't know if they will ask it in the same part two years in the row. But it was about effect of transnational corporations on a country other than Australia (2 marks) and effectiveness of one strategy used to promote economic development (4 marks).

Last edited:

TunaFish

HSC
Thank goodness I didn't sit the exam last year.

I'm not going to study my Vietnam case study in detail. Maybe just know the main points and one or two polices in case it comes up in the short answers.... but it's definitely on the bottom of my study priorities.

gabgab

HSC
Poland: The Soaring Eagle...

You have to do some kind of revision, because typically they ask for an essay on a case study, or give you another option which is generally more difficult...

i have notes if you want them

:)

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Question 28 (2007) - For an economy other than Australia, explain how government development strategies have responded to the process of globalisation

Question 28 (2005) - Outline the features of globalisation, and analyse the impact of globalisation on the standard of
living in the global economy. (Not necessary, but recommended)

Question 28 (2004) - Discuss the impact of globalisation on one or more economies, with reference to economic
development and environmental consequences.

Question 27 (2003) - Explain the impact of globalisation on the economic performance of EITHER the Australian
economy OR an economy other than Australia. (Obviously you have a choice)

Question 28 (2001) - Analyse the impact that globalisation has had on economic development strategies in an
economy other than Australia.

Now we can clearly see in the majority of the past papers under the current syllabus, there have been questions based on a case study or questions which suggest references to a case study to strengthen your argument.

We have to put into perspective that you have a choice between Question 27 and 28 but unless you feel you have a mastery over all the topics in the Economics syllabus, I strongly suggest that you go over your class's case study on Poland.

truestar92

HSC
i really hope they ask the case study !
it looks like it comes up as a extended response question almost every odd year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)