Catholic Church and HIV/AIDS in Africa. (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Such circumstances whilst deeply regrettable are not what is causing the massive spread of AIDS in Africa.
What is causing it then, hey.

And let's not forget the slight issue of this;

The social impact of HIV/AIDS is most evident in the continent's orphans crisis. Approximately 12 million children in sub-Saharan Africa are estimated to be orphaned by AIDS.
BUT IT'S OKAY AFRICA! IF YOU DON'T HAVE SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE, AIDS WILL MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR. IF A FEW HUNDRED MILLION (CITATION NEEDED) RELATIVELY WELL EDUCATED CHRISTIANS FROM NON IMPOVERISHED AREAS CAN DO IT, YOU GUYS CAN LOL ~ XOXOXOX LENTERN

Lentern

HSC
Fuck you're so fucking deluded. You have 22 million people in that area living with HIV/AIDS. Some are born with it, others contract it from their married partners. Do you really believe that the spread of AIDS in Africa is due to promiscuity? LOL of course you do, because you're spasticated.

12% of the worlds population has 60% of the total HIV/AIDS infected population, and you think telling them to wait until marriage is going to reduce the problem.

I can't even address that because it's quite simply one of the most ridiculous things your half witted, poor starving pathetic excuse for a brain has ever concocted.
Oh Jesus you're still alive! Yes it is going to reduce the problem only you are stupid enough to think the rate of spread has nothing to do with the multiple sexual partners. You are a hater and you hate the catholic church and are willing to make up any pack of scurrilous lies to diminsh the reputation of the catholic church. With your outrageous nonsense you undermine the arguement of thousands of intelligent, reasonable people who put forward genuine arguements for the catholic church to change its stance.

Lentern

HSC
You said that people who practise abstinance will not get HIV.

Also condoms will help those people who would othewise contract it from sex.
A person may get HIV, a peoples who do practise abstinance will not get hiv.

Lentern

HSC
Lucky no one ever gets raped.
If you're getting raped I doubt the rapist is going to listen when you say "ok buy can you atleast put this on." What a stupid thing to say honestly. You started off ok but you've just descended into an array of outrageous nonsense.

Lentern

HSC
he was responding to your silly comment, that if people practise abstinance they will not get HIV, this is an silly statement. He was saying that people who may abstain, may get raped and get HIV.

there is also plenty of otherways when you are claiming if you don't have sex you don't get HIV.
Yeah they could get hit by a bus as well for all its relevance to contraception v Rome.

Lentern

HSC
What does 'then me' mean :confused:

P.S. That person is probably you.
Oh yay you're playing that game where you try and miss the point by as far as you possibly can and somehow think it makes you look clever.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Oh yay you're playing that game where you try and miss the point by as far as you possibly can and somehow think it makes you look clever.
Nah I'm not the shit cunt who thinks abstinence will stem the tide of HIV

Katie Tully 4983793469
Lentern - 1 life

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

I'm sorry as I know this is pedantic, but I really like people to be aware of the following:

HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. The virus can lead to Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. As AIDS is a syndrome, it cannot be caught or contracted.

If the catholic teaching is followed the person will not contract aids.
For fuck's sake. Please elaborate what you mean, remembering that:

1. The Catholic church doesn't like condoms,
2. people are still going to have sex, doubly so given that Catholicism isn't relevant in these countries,
3. the majority of HIV transmission in, say, the US is due to blood transfusion. Is the Catholic church opposed to blood transfusion now as well?
4. by our standards, most of the women who contract HIV are 'raped'. Do you think a woman stands a better chance of not contracting HIV simply because she is one religion?
5. the Catholic church doesn't aid in a major area of HIV transmission, namely mother-to-child anti-viral drugs which can lessen the transmission transmission rate from 25% to <1%. Afaik, this has nothing to do with the Catholic dogma, but more to do with buying rather expensive clothes and art for the Vatican.

etc etc.

hahah:
Lentern said:
a peoples [sic] who do practise abstinance [sic] will not get hiv.
Fucking, fucking lol.

Lentern

HSC
I'm sorry as I know this is pedantic, but I really like people to be aware of the following:

HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Virus. The virus can lead to Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. As AIDS is a syndrome, it cannot be caught or contracted.

For fuck's sake. Please elaborate what you mean, remembering that:

1. The Catholic church doesn't like condoms,
2. people are still going to have sex, doubly so given that Catholicism isn't relevant in these countries,
3. the majority of HIV transmission in, say, the US is due to blood transfusion. Is the Catholic church opposed to blood transfusion now as well?
4. by our standards, most of the women who contract HIV are 'raped'. Do you think a woman stands a better chance of not contracting HIV simply because she is one religion?
5. the Catholic church doesn't aid in a major area of HIV transmission, namely mother-to-child anti-viral drugs which can lessen the transmission transmission rate from 25% to <1%. Afaik, this has nothing to do with the Catholic dogma, but more to do with buying rather expensive clothes and art for the Vatican.

etc etc.

hahah:

Fucking, fucking lol.
Are you attempting to break some sort of record for valid but irrelevant facts?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Providing contraception to Africa was a positive contribution, stopping it was not a negative, trying to take the damn things back would have been a negative contribution. But to decide that they themselves don't think they should have ti supply the buck is not a negative contribution it is an absence of a positive.
Nobody who practices absitnance will contract HIV. Nobody who is influenced by Rome will be having ex-marital sex. Anyone who is has made a decision to put themselves outside of the church and now has one person only to blame.

Nobody is saying don't have sex, they're saying don't have it outside of marriage. If hundreds of millions of christians have no problems doing so why do we suddenly say "oh but they're poor stupid Africans the rules must be changed for them".
I'm sorry, I simply do not understand your logic. How is stemming the supply of contraception any different from taking contraception back? The only difference I can see is that taking it away would mean they run out of it sooner. Taking away a positive influence (or influencing the taking out of a positive influence, if that makes sense) does equate to a negative influence. I just don't know how you can see it otherwise. I'll try to think of an analogy to simplify it.

OK, again with the car-seatbelt stuff. Seatbelts save lives. Check. Take away the seatbelt, what do you get? Less lives saved. Can we blame the people who took away the seatbelts? Nooooo, 'cause it's not like dey put bombs in da cars or nufin'.

The there might actually be someone on this planet less retarded then you.
Present!
I just thought a little self-depricating humour might lighten the mood.

Sick debate, guys.
Damn straight.

No you're not, you're the cretin who thinks otherwise.
Whoa whoa whoa, cretin? Let's ease up on the foul language guys. Four-letter words only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)