Catholic Church and HIV/AIDS in Africa. (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
One of the worst ncap threads to date. The balance of swine is starting to outweigh the black sheep. My patience is at an end.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
One of the worst ncap threads to date. The balance of swine is starting to outweigh the black sheep. My patience is at an end.
Agreed.

but whats with the black sheep?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The black sheep are those who have been led off the path of truth for whatever reason. They are basically good and open to the light. They will go to purgatory upon death until purified sufficiently to again walk with their maker.

The swine are utterly closed to the Christian message of love and hope. They seek only to tear it down to justify their state of sin. Instead of seeking the good in life, they only seek the destruction and egotistical glory of barbarian warlords! As if power is all there is!

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Then fuck off, no? Nobody is forcing you to read or post in this thread.

The swine are utterly closed to the Christian message of love and hope.
Okay I thought you above this nonsense.
There is nothing morally wrong pointing out the unverifiabilty of the bible and the hypocrisy of many, many Christians; if anything it's actually moral because we're the ones being intellectually honest and honest to ourselves.

And what Christian message of love and hope?
"Believe what we say all you'll suffer FOREVER"? Pfft.

They seek only to tear it down to justify their state of sin.
Stop spewing out your bullshit.

"justify our state of sin"? My whole message in this thread is one in which the world can be a better place, whereas the Christians are more concerned that people are "sinning" rather than the eleviation of their suffering. Christians need to learn to mind their own Goddamn business.

Instead of seeking the good in life, they only seek the destruction and egotistical glory of barbarian warlords! As if power is all there is!
Okay. want to back this up with, say, ANYTHING?
-------------------------------------------------------

You complain about the poor quality of this thread, but your unfounded ad hominem attacks are only making it worse.

If you really want to make a meaningful contribution to this thread start adressing our points instead of dismissing us because we don't adhere to your religion.

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
The black sheep are those who have been led off the path of truth for whatever reason. They are basically good and open to the light. They will go to purgatory upon death until purified sufficiently to again walk with their maker.

The swine are utterly closed to the Christian message of love and hope. They seek only to tear it down to justify their state of sin. Instead of seeking the good in life, they only seek the destruction and egotistical glory of barbarian warlords! As if power is all there is!
OK, that's your reason for this being a bad thread?! That's not a reason! You're just saying that you don't agree with the people within it. The Christians on this thread are less ignorant and more open-minded than you, and the so-called "swine" have already stated that they are not closed to the "moral message" of Christianity, as long as it doesn't PHYSICALLY HARM people. We seek destruction???? WE??? You people are the barbarian warlords!

You are the most arrogant Catholic I have ever met, and that would make you the most arrogant person I have ever met. If you don't like this thread, stop commenting on it and get the fuck out.

EDIT: Plus everything Sylvester said above!

Last edited:

ablle

HSC
N/A
Quality thread. <3 Iron. Come roll in the mud with us!

Last edited:

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Where's Kalamari? Come on, man. He called you a black sheep! I wouldn't take that if I were you.

kalamari

HSC
How can i take offense when he is also clearly describing himself?

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Back to the argument...

Let me get this straight-
  • You admit that some of the Catholic Church's actions have a negative impact on the AIDS epidemic (in general as well as in Africa).
  • I have agreed that they have had some positive influence as well.
  • HOWEVER, that does not repudiate the fact that they have had a negative influence, even if it is outweighed, or nullified, by the positive.
  • If certain actions of the Church were ceased, then the epidemic would become less severe, no?
  • I'm not saying, for example, that they should educate the African people about contraception, rather they should stop preventing their education.
  • If you don't believe that they do (prevent the education), let's just pretend they do. Should they stop this hypothetical madness?

If your answer is yes, then you must also acknowledge that they have negatively affected the AIDS epidemic.

I asked this, then someone else did, and now I'm asking again, how does the Church's negative influence (which we have agreed is present) not translate to at least minute, partial blame? (although I don't believe their guilt should be minute, right now I'm simply arguing that there is guilt to be had).

Answer the question with bloody quoting yourself, which is incredibly annoying and a little condescending.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
:eek:

I just dont have the energy to keep repeating my arguments, nor does my fan-base have the tolerance to keep hearing them rehashed.
And yet I am troubled leaving without an annointed champion of Catholicism.

Iron must have an heir. On closer inspection, Lentern is wholey unworthy. Though Graney showed seeds of absolute growth, now only ashes remain. And what rough beast could tame the wild horse of Schroe? That quiet Catholic will only return to the fold once he shakes the evolutionary witch monkey off his proud back ^____.____^

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
How bout emytaylor?
lolzors.

HSC
Nah Lentern is pretty good - he makes the funnies now and everything. Even his grammar has improved.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Wait, what are we talking about? This seems more than a bit off topic. When you say your "leaving", Iron, do you mean the thread or the BoS? If it's BoS your talking about, then you should probably make a thread for that separately. I'll be glad to post on it, though I don't think I can make any contribution towards the choosing of your heir, as I do not know the members of BoS as thoroughly as others obviously do.

I'm not satisfied with the conclusion of this argument, and would still like a reply from Kalamari (or any other person who thinks their opinion alines with his) to answer my question above (How does the negative influence of the Church not translate to partial blame?) This thread has fight in it yet.

EDIT: Iron, why did you pos rep me? I mean, I'm grateful, but also a bit confused.

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A

I just dont have the energy to keep repeating my arguments, nor does my fan-base have the tolerance to keep hearing them rehashed.

Iron must have an heir. On closer inspection, Lentern is wholey unworthy. Though Graney showed seeds of absolute growth, now only ashes remain. And what rough beast could tame the wild horse of Schroe? That quiet Catholic will only return to the fold once he shakes the evolutionary witch monkey off his proud back ^____.____^
I was christened a Catholic, choose me!

Lentern

HSC

I feel touched that on broad inspection I was once in the mix. There is allways the chance I might grow conservative as I age moderate my views once leader Latham style. There is also the chance I'll say fuck it, also like Latham, then go become a quaker.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Wow first name basis,

Iron=Alex

That's kool.
Are you saying that Iron's name isn't Iron? I'm baffled. I thought everyone used their first name as their username. Are you honestly telling me that your name is not Cookie?
I'm going to have to brood over this development.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Are you saying that Iron's name isn't Iron? I'm baffled. I thought everyone used their first name as their username. Are you honestly telling me that your name is not Cookie?
I'm going to have to brood over this development.
Yes, "now, that's a hard motherfucking fact of life. But it's a fact of life your ass is gonna' have to get realistic about." (Marsellus Wallace)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Yes, "now, that's a hard motherfucking fact of life. But it's a fact of life your ass is gonna' have to get realistic about." (Marsellus Wallace)
I want to rep you so bad for the Pulp Fiction quote.
Now I'm trying to think of a Reservoir Dogs quote in response.
"You shoot me in a DREAM, you better wake up and apologize!" (EDIT: Mr White)
Irrelevant, but cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)