Catholic School Trials (1 Viewer)

kingsizecrunchi

HSC
HIIIIIIIIIIII

i was wondering if anyone who's doing the ancient was given any hints on whats in the paper for --> Greece 500 - 450, alexander the great, pompeii orrrrrr israellll!!

thankyou so much for your help..just freaking out thats all =]

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
oooh shit! Win!

I counted up my possible marks at the end of the exam and ended up with between 65 and 75 and was like, "meh". Just realised that the option question was worth 12 instead of 25 so the whole test is out of 88 or so :D

That bodes much better for my result.

That is if I was right in assuming certain marks were earned, but I reckon I was fairly conservative.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Jessica14 said:
Wot do u mean no ethanol? There was 5 marks on it at the beginning of the short answers, and there was a question on SO2 and its affects on the environment, worth 4 marks i think. Plus there was a m/c question on galvanic cells.

But you're right about the electrolyte question. That was left field. I didnt mind the biopolymer q... i did polylactic acid and i think it was ok.
Yeah, from the 5 marks, 2 marks were given two 2 equations, so 3 marks doesn't really count for that much. The SO2 question wasn't really orientated on acid rain. The galvanic cell question, I overlooked, so that's my bad, sorry >.<;

has anyone else not finished the chem course? we had to have the option shortened and had replacement questions...which was awesome because we got asked on the haber process twice...easy marks
Nope, my school hasn't covered it yet either. The exam just got shortened in exchange for nor doing the option at all

darktiger06

HSC
i had the whole chemistry syllabus to learn including option industrial, stayed up to 3 the night b4 remembering it all ~! =/ however i reckon it was a pretty straight forward exam, no randomness, but o wellz wait for mark >,<

shaun_89

HSC
well think of it this way, none of us have actually finished the chem syllabus. i mean we only got tested on the first dot point for our option on shipwrecks. and thats an easy section that its just based on remembering ur answers n stuff...but i was really surprise they dint ask anything about outlining the pracs uve done. i was so glad, because i dint even look at my pracs at all...which i shudn do in the near future. the 6 marker questions wasnt a too brainer one. i mean bod n eutrophication was yeah pretty obvious, but i forgot wat bod was so i made stuff up...but it was right, cept not the exact def. multiple choice was alrite. to be honest, i cant see anybody not getting above 75% for this test, because it was a very straight forward test, unlike the ones that have been done (2005 catholic paper had a question on the chemist uve studied in the course (burhan guy with that long last name))...i think that test was good.

THE ONE I HATED MOST WAS ENGLISH. tHAT WAS SO STUPID...i mean wat the crapp...i made up my stuff on my related for frontline. cuz i dint have time...my yeats was ok. cept i think i kinda dint relate to the question alot...i think. smashed br and bnw. i think i was the only one who disagreed on the question...did anyone disagree as well?? please i dont wanna be the rogue one =P...

hmmm so i got 2 maths,3 maths physics then music ( I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE EXAMS ON THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS)...but yeah everything was good...

so heres my 2 cents of things ... =D good luck with studying ppl =D

Magicana

HSC
kingsizecrunchi said:
HIIIIIIIIIIII

i was wondering if anyone who's doing the ancient was given any hints on whats in the paper for --> Greece 500 - 450, alexander the great, pompeii orrrrrr israellll!!

thankyou so much for your help..just freaking out thats all =]
Greece 500, alexander the great 450, pompeii 400, israellll 350, SPARTA 300!

conroy1234

supermeatpie
HSC
Yeah i thought the chem paper was alright, i just didn't remember the things i was supposed to
i got to the 6 mark BOD one and thought....'oh no, i dunno anything about this.' so i just ended up leaving it pretty much blank and doing the rest of the paper which was pretty easy
only things left are 2Unit maths, software, and physics

any hints for software???

darksouljah

HSC
did anyone hear tried the NEAP chem paper? pretty straightforward compared to catholic ones

beentherdunthat

HSC
shaun_89 said:
THE ONE I HATED MOST WAS ENGLISH. tHAT WAS SO STUPID...i mean wat the crapp...i made up my stuff on my related for frontline. cuz i dint have time...my yeats was ok. cept i think i kinda dint relate to the question alot...i think. smashed br and bnw. i think i was the only one who disagreed on the question...did anyone disagree as well?? please i dont wanna be the rogue one =P...

hmmm so i got 2 maths,3 maths physics then music ( I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE EXAMS ON THE LAST DAY OF EXAMS)...but yeah everything was good...

so heres my 2 cents of things ... =D good luck with studying ppl =D
Haha, nice speech. What question did you disagree with in Eng.???

amyg238

HSC
yoakim said:
What did you guys get for that Phosphorus question, how you had to find the % mass of it? I think I did mine wrong, because all I did, simply, was divide the given mass of phosphorus with the total mass. It seems logical and correct, but I think there might be more to it since they gave you the molecular formular of the precipitate...
Also, for the KH2PO4, what were the reasons that the pH was greater than 7? Was it because it was formed due to a strong base and a weak acid? That's what I wrote but I couldn't find the write equation to back it up.
I made up the worst BS for why it has greater than pH 7. But now I think about it, strong base and weak acid - sounds right.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
amyg238 said:
I made up the worst BS for why it has greater than pH 7. But now I think about it, strong base and weak acid - sounds right.
haha I BS'd too. I just reacted it with water and said that it produced OH ions.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I did past NEAP papers as preparation for the trials. I found that they had lots of extended responses, which was good IMO cos I'm relatively weak in extended response questions. The only thing is that I reckon the BOD question is the only "real" extended response question we got. Everything else was just 3~4 marks at max or otherwise a calculation question, which I'm ok with. I still have to say how pissed off I am at the lack of a CFC question XO

well think of it this way, none of us have actually finished the chem syllabus. i mean we only got tested on the first dot point for our option on shipwrecks. and thats an easy section that its just based on remembering ur answers n stuff...but i was really surprise they dint ask anything about outlining the pracs uve done. i was so glad, because i dint even look at my pracs at all...which i shudn do in the near future. the 6 marker questions wasnt a too brainer one. i mean bod n eutrophication was yeah pretty obvious, but i forgot wat bod was so i made stuff up...but it was right, cept not the exact def. multiple choice was alrite. to be honest, i cant see anybody not getting above 75% for this test, because it was a very straight forward test, unlike the ones that have been done (2005 catholic paper had a question on the chemist uve studied in the course (burhan guy with that long last name))...i think that test was good.
Blah, if anything related to experiments came up, I would've been screwed lol x.x; Every experiment since YR7, I've been the one recording the results cos I have butterfingers >.O; Once during a titration practise, I poured the acid down the burette without closing the stopcock. Only when my shirt felt wet did I go "...Oh fuck..." >.<; So yeah, I hate pracs XP

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
shaun_89 said:
Don't worry I've got that too except my last exam before it is Business, so I have around 2 days to study for Music. Or not study.

I tell you what that time would be a lot more useful for Ext Maths or something.

bassguy

HSC
Modern was interesting. The second question for Leni sucked...everything we've done has been analysing if she was a propagandist or not. Contribution...fuck off.
Maths tomorrow, hopefully don't suffer humiliating defeat.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
lol yeah farout, only an hour separating the two
im gonna burn out on that wednesday...6 HOURS!

kingsizecrunchi

HSC
Der Waffen SS said:
Greece 500, alexander the great 450, pompeii 400, israellll 350, SPARTA 300!

wattt?
wat do the numbers mean?? i had the numbers next to mine cause their different time periods..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)