Catholic School Trials (1 Viewer)

hannahbonanaxx

HSC
sure, section 1 was the same as always
section 2 as well
but the whole 'various viewpoints' in the essay Q? never taught/prepared for that. wasnt that hard to adapt to it, but it wasnt straight up 'easy'

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
what did you write about for sect 2?

i reckon the viewpoints was alirght...took me the 5 mins of reading time to digest and plan my response

anniea89

HSC
I screwed up the creative writing. I wrote two pages! I decided to do a blog but still...they definately are going to mark me down for length. Dammit!

The essay question was tricky, but I think that I did alright. Probably could have expanded alot mor eon my related texts.

Section 1 was weird and funnily enough, the last question was the one I thought I answered reasonably well

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
It wasn't too bad, I guess. I did the whole thing in reverse.

Not sure how I went for the six mark question in question one, but eh. That's the last thing I did. Don't think I could've written much more even with more time anyway.

I made up time with question two where I just did exactly the same story I'd written for a folio task and chucked in a couple of "I can't believe other people see this man as a role model" bits.

Question three was okay except for the "response to the texts" bit. I didn't know wtf that meant. Essentially I wrote an essay and after each text I'd say something like "this text makes the journey seem like it will cause you to lose hope so I saw it as sad". Not quite that bad but something along those lines.

I can never tell how well I've done for English, to be honest.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
the last part worked out quite well for me.... for the last part.. i learnt a pre-prepared essay and every few paragraphs i wrote a few sentences relating back to the question to the teacher would think i was talking about the question

for question 1a) it said "identify" right? so that means if we only rote "car" the we should get full marks right??

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
good luck all you guys =D
catholic papers are a lot harder arent they ? .. well from my past experience anywayz :p

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
the last part worked out quite well for me.... for the last part.. i learnt a pre-prepared essay and every few paragraphs i wrote a few sentences relating back to the question to the teacher would think i was talking about the question

for question 1a) it said "identify" right? so that means if we only rote "car" the we should get full marks right??
nope you gotta actually saw why because you're not being specific enough. because anyone cuold've just said anything they saw in the picture and be correct

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Oh what type of journey is everyone doing? And what texts?

h8hsc

HSC
oh fuk yeh section 2 = fail. !!!

i didnt even finish it... & that last part was the part that realted to the question... i fked up baddly.... IN ALL SECTIONS...

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Oh and for the record I'm doing Inner Journeys, with text being the poems from Imagined Corners. I focus on Ivan Lalic's Of Eurydice and Mudrooroo's A Righteous Day.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
hey you know how it goes prescribed text....for physical peter poems, is it one or two poems?...its two right?

aricho

HSC
N/A
shit i reckon my essay was pretty disorganised
story was ok but not very strong

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
magpam said:
my structure -

intro
poem - immigrants
poem - migrants
stimulus - ivory trail
additional text
conclusion :)
Mine was a bit different, but not much.

Intro
Poem - Of Eurydice
Additional Text - Watchmen
Poem - A Righteous Day
Stimulus - Wind in the Willows
Conclusion

beentherdunthat

HSC
My essay took me like 50 minutes to write!!!!
The Reading Response just sucked...
and the narrative was just weird, however I done the best thing possible, and tried to integrate the question into the answer... God, teachers these days want you to state the obviouss...

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
intro
crossing the red sea
link
childrens book
link
ivory trail
link
feliks skryznecki
conc

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:
intro
crossing the red sea
link
childrens book
link
ivory trail
link
feliks skryznecki
conc
my links were like:

"similarly this text shows the journey to be dangerous"
"in contrast this text shows the journey to bring strength and resolve"

That was about it.

Crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)